View: 373|Reply: 4

3 pin addressable LED adapter?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:40:31 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a gigabyte Aorus ultra motherboard with a 3 pin addressable LED header. I am trying to connect it to a phanteks hub in my case for case the lighting. But the hub has the 4 pin -1 style of plug on it (like a 12v 4 pin plug but with one hole blocked up). Does any body sell an adapter?

X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

see link for image of 3 pin socket on motherboard.

phanteks uses standard 5V addressable LED which can be plugged directly into the mb and are compatible with it. I can control them perfectly if they are connected directly, but only one strip at a time. I needed the hub to control both case lights and fans together. The problem is purely that the plugs are different sizes.

I would rather buy an adapter than Frankenstein my own.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:40:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Exactly what Phanteks model? It might help to know this.

Slightly confusing here as your saying they're compatible with it, which doesn't make sense. Compatible with what?

I assume your saying you have 2 LED strips. If it's at all possible then you would maybe need a splitter to connect them both. But without knowing the detail of the Phanteks setup it's difficult to say.

Looking at your MB user manual I'm assuming your talking of connector 9 the

D_LED1 / D_LED2 (Digital LED Strip Headers)

which can be used to connect standard 5050 digital LED strip, with maximum power rating of 2A (12V or 5V) and maximum length of 5m or maximum number of 300 LEDs.

Have you contacted Phanteks about an adapter cable?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:40:33 Mobile | Show all posts
phanteks only make one model of digital RGB hub, and all of their digital RGB products use the same set of connectors. It's this one: Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design

It would be the motherboard. "phanteks uses standard 5V addressable LED which can be plugged directly into the mb and are compatible with it. "

They only make one model or addressable RGB hub, and all of their addressable RGB product use the same cables.

Yes, this is a digital rgb header that I need an adapter for. All Aorus motherboards use the same 3 pin socket. I can connect an RGB strip directly to it, but was asking about an adapter to connect the hub to it.

They do not make an official one. They do not officially support RGB Fusion motherboards. The electronics and the software are fully compatible. Phanteks and Fusion both use an identical industry standard for controlling addressable LEDs. The problem is purely one of pin configuration. They don't use the same socket, hence the need for an adapter.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:40:34 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:40:35 Mobile | Show all posts
It pays to look around, glad you got there.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部