View: 362|Reply: 4

Need an AIO Cooler for a total moron.

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:42:55 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Can anybody recommend a twin fan AIO water cooler to be mounted in the top of an older model fractal design black pearl case.

RGB Fusion lighting would be nice, but isn't essential, and the budget is as little as possible.

This would be going in a PC owned by an idiot who likes the idea of having a water cooler but doesn't actually need one as their computer isn't overclocked and doesn't get hot when using an AMD wraith spire stock cooler.

AIO must be low maintenance, as I barely trust the owner to use a can of compressed air to clean the fans let alone to do any actual maintenance.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:42:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Any of the closed loop models can't have any maintenance done. As it sounds like the fans will never be spinning up you can likely get away with the cheapest.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:42:57 Mobile | Show all posts
What's the cheapest with RGB that you would recommend. I've seen a lot of Chinese models and don't know if any of them are false economies.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:42:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Like Deepcool, ID Cooling or GameMax? I wouldn't have any problem with them.

If you're talking about chinese brands selling direct through marketplace sites like ebay and amazon then I'd avoid them. It sounds like you're not willing to take on the hassle if something goes wrong.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:42:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Right now, I think that the easiest thing for me to do is to buy a broken radiator off of ebay, hook up some cheap RGB fans to it running at a low speed, and then run the empty pipes to the side of the existing air cooler, and say that it's a custom unit. I doubt that anybody would notice that it's running off the same old cooler so long as the RGB look pretty.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部