Toshiba Spare Parts

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:44:50 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy a replacement screen lead for my Toshiba Satellite laptop? The Toshiba web site doesn't have a contact page and the one on the Toshiba spare part/service site doesn't work and the site doesn't include my model in it's very long list of laptops, even though it's only three years old. I know what the fault is - the lead is damaged at the hinge - and it's only a matter of undoing a few screws and pulling out the plugs and sticking in the new lead, but where can I buy one? My local repair shop refuses to sell me one, but will get one and fit it for stupid money. Humphhhh!

Many thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:44:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Your best best is to note the part number it may be on a label attached to the cable and google that or look on ebay.
The repair shop would more than likely try to repair the old lead.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:44:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for that. I thought I could repair the lead myself but it contains very many incredibly thin separate wires and is far too fiddly. I'm staggered that it still worked after I gave up having dug into it. I didn't notice a label on it but will look if I can summon the nerve as I fear delving in again will finally kill it. At present I have to tweak the angle of the screen to get a connection and I'm avoiding closing it but it still comes and goes.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部