Author: Ice Tea

Nofan CR-80EH

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:57:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Where is the source for that Intel weight max?

I am in the business of selling pc hardware and I looked on motherboards, processors and heatsinks specs to find nothing about it. Heatsinks comes with different weight and that is part of it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:57:51 Mobile | Show all posts

Some CPU Coolers Are Bending Intel Skylake CPUs - Legit Reviews

From Scythe coolers at the bottom

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:57:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok thank you.

The official Intel response:

Intel has released an official statement about the bending Skylake processor issue that has come to light here recently. Intel isn’t saying much as they won’t comment on 3rd party CPU cooler designs and are standing by their recommendations for cooler designs.

“The design specifications and guidelines for the 6th Gen Intel Core processor using the LGA 1151 socket are unchanged from previous generations and are available for partners and 3rd party manufacturers. Intel can’t comment on 3rd party designs or their adherence to the recommended design specifications. For questions about a specific cooling product we must defer to the manufacturer.”

Read more at Intel Releases Statement on Bent Skylake CPUs - Legit Reviews

Thermalright did comment and from that point on being aware of it.

Now it is all down to personal experience when it comes down to building your personal pc and this seems like a scare thing that was not completely addresed at that time only bringing the news but not facts.

Still no heatsinks, motherboards or processors are clearly market with a warning that a max weight for coolers should be 500 gram and so forth.

Unless you find damage from the HR-02 you got no real reason for going with another cooler unless it's for performance or curiosity.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:57:52 Mobile | Show all posts

I'm guessing you Haven't looked at the newest generation of CPU's to notice that PCB substrate is now as thin as a Birthday card  , you can flex it with your fingers it's so thin.

The internet is full of  people with problems , one example of a 7700k from the weight of a Scythe Ninja 4.

Bent the edges of my CPU?

Some people are not noticing until they remove the CPU.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:57:53 Mobile | Show all posts
No I have not.

As for choosing any parts I don't in part of the research phase use any online research such as a forum or the like as its down to personal experience to tell you the true experience of how good your choice was.

I stick with in depth reviews sometimes.

The guy who you linked to seems to be the one who was not careful enough when mounting it.

Still I can look at my 1151 Skylake G4400 3,3 cpu and see that it's still fine after having the Ultra 120 extreme cooler on it upside down as my Lian Li case choice is designed that way.

The bracket for the 120 did come with a plastic mount to be inserted first on top of the cpu. Properly for not bending I guess. It does show that Thermalright is aware and are doing something about that issue.

Other 3rd party cooler manufacturers might not. How well are the Nofan supported in that area? What does the in depth reviews say?

Not forums!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:57:53 Mobile | Show all posts

You're happy with it and i'm not so i don't know what else there is to say on the subject.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部