Author: tom 2000

Wired and Wireless Conflict

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:41:32 Mobile | Show all posts
The conflict is in the laptop or Windows then, leave everything connected to it and run the Windows network troubleshooter as this may find the problem.
If no luck, leave connected as above and disconnect each adaptor separately within windows to see if this solves the problem, if it does then do a full network reset in Windows, if not then it could be a hardware problem or some setting in the BIOS that is amiss.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:41:32 Mobile | Show all posts
My apologies. NIC == Network Interface Card - it's a bit of old school terminology that harps back to the days when PC's didn't ship with any network interface installed and you have to procure them separately as an add in "card" which one would install inside the machine. I think the term "adapter" is more widely used these day as that encompasses various interface types and forms (e.g USB, PC-CARD, PCI, PCIe - the list is long!) These days pretty much everything ships with network interfaces built in.

In a device such as a laptop, often there are multiple network interfaces - ethernet, Wi-Fi, modem. In more recent versions of Windows, it is possible to "bridge" two or more of theses interfaces together and effectively create a "switch" within your PC. So doing could then potentially create a loop in the network topology which can cause it to flood the network with traffic which makes it run slowly.

It's highly unlikely you've bridged your interfaces accidentally, so if you've done it you'd probably know about it, but it's worth checking as it could be a cause of the the symptoms you describe.

However, as Abacus describes, the fact that it's only affecting your laptop suggest your problem is with the laptop rather that the router or the rest of the infrastructure, so I would focus your attention on the laptop and follow the procedures Abacus recommends.

If that doesn't work, it might help us if you could post up some diagnostics from the laptop. Open up a CMD window, run a IPCONFIG /ALL and post up the results. Repeat this three times, once for ethernet only connected, once for Wi-Fi only connected and once with both connected. There's no information in IPCONFIG output that's security sensitive except maybe the computer name, and we're not interested in that - it's the IP address info we want to see.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:41:32 Mobile | Show all posts
It’s all working ok today. I booted up fully before connecting Ethernet. I usually connect and then boot up. ??
I will resist the urge to tinker if it continues to function.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部