CAt 6 wiring issue - making own cables

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:41:47 Mobile | Show all posts
G
thanks - I was going to order from RS Components as in the link you added if you think these are good...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:41:47 Mobile | Show all posts
RS is a reputable company - they've been in the business for as long as I can remember (which more decades than I might care to admit) and I'd be really surprised if they ever sold anything iffy.

I've not bought much from them myself (professionally or otherwise) but what dealings I have had with them have been fine.

To echo TechQuest - if there's any specific item you want an opinion on, post up a link and it's quite likely someone here will give it the once over.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Yes that would be a good place but there are others with approved cable that might be slightly cheaper.

Screwfix for instance supply Nexans, which is French manufactured

Nexans Cat 6 F/UTP LSZH Ethernet Cable 305m Grey

Cat6 Bulk Cable | Structured Cabling from Cable Monkey                                                                                                        Cat6 Bulk Cable                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.cablemonkey.co.uk                                                                               
Cat6 Ethernet & Network Cable | Comms Express

305m Easy Pull Box CAT6 U/UTP Solid Core Bulk Network Cable LS0H, Grey -  from LINDY UK - if in stock

But you can't go wrong with RS, it's the best cable around and I would install that before any other all the time.

Use magic Report

Even they get it wrong from time to time ...

CAT6 4TP UTP CCA CABLE GRY 305M | RS Components                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        uk.rs-online.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:41:48 Mobile | Show all posts
If your going to select and buy a cable that clearly states CCA, in capitals, and is Chinese (CN) sh*t then your asking for problems. Should of made my reference as to being the best there is clearer!

RS sell Belden Cat cable. Belden cable is the best there is around.

Use magic Report

You believe that Belden is the best, you were connected to the company/a previous employee. That’s like saying BMW all the best cars and no one can disagree with me as I worked there and know best.

If they do disagree with you, you use poor forum etiquette and start then asking what other people add.  You edited your posts as a result of my comments, so clearly they had an effect just not one you liked.  Whilst you might have posted the most in this thread it does not give you exclusive rights to it.  I posted earlier before so am just replying and pointing out some inaccuracies.

As I said you are not a mod, if you have an issue report my posts.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I've used www.cablemonkey.co.uk a few times without issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I've also used a variety of manufacturers (including Belden) and types of cable (UTP/FTP/STP) in my line of work, and they've all been fine, as long as you avoid CCA .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
What makes you think anything you have to say would make me edit my posts!. Like anyone else on here I offer advice and whether people take it or leave it, is up to them.

If anyone had an issue with my etiquette I'm sure a Mod would let me know.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部