Using my phones data with my firestick without WIFI

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:43:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,
Im not sure if this post is in the right place so please move it if needed.
Im moving house next tuesday/wednesday and my ISP have cut off my wifi earlier than expected (and there is nothing they can do to change that now) so i was wondering if there is anyway i can connect my android phone (Pocophone f1) to my firestick so we can watch a bit of TV in the evening?
I know that data gets used quickly but i have about 11.51GB data available so thats not a problem.
i created a portable hotspot on my phone but after i entered all the details on the firestick nothing happened so im not sure if im doing something wrong or whether i cant connect my phone and firestick that way

Any help would be much appreciated

kind regards Mark

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:43:45 Mobile | Show all posts
TV will chomp through 11GB surprisingly quickly.

Using the phones "personal hotspot" type feature is the way to go - essentially what this does is turn in the phone in to a Wi-Fi router with the upstream connection to the Internet over the phones 3G data service.

If you've connected the stick to the phone OK (usually the same process as you'd use for any other router/AP - enter the SSID and passphrase and off you go) it may be worth checking that the stick has acquired an IP address correctly. Does it have a mechanism whereby you can check the "Network Status" or something similar.

If you've got some other device around (laptop, tablet, another phone,) you could try connecting that to the androids personal hotspot (or whatever it's called) and see if you can get at the Internet - that will verify that the android is doing everything it needs to and indicate whether the issue is with the phone or the firestick.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部