View: 340|Reply: 1

NAS cases?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:44:40 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm building a NAS server myself and I'm toying between several cases... Each have their own pro's and cons, which has me completely stuck for choice...
I have two distinct routes, depending on form-factor. ATX or mITX
mITX is naturally smaller in footprint, but limiting in options and upgrade-ability. Plus getting 'enough' sata ports in a pain.
There are two options I'm considering for this.
Silverstone DS380In Win IW-MS04-01The Silverstone has 8 drives, but reviews are that it's a pain to work on \ with
The In-Win has 4 drives, it's the smallest footprint and looks to be easier to work with.

ATX has the plus of having oodles of options and versitility, with the cost of being larger.
There are four options here, all Silverstone (because they apparently want to dominate this market...)
CS380GD07GD08CS350BThe CS380 is basically the big brother of the DS380, in tower format. Looks to be much nicer to worth with. has the same 8 hot swap drives. The tower format works against it a bit due to size.
Both the GD's are basically the same, with no option for hot swap. The 08 has more drive capacity but the 07 has more 5.25 bays that could be filled with those icydock adaptors at a later date. They also have have the advantage of being able to be slid into a rack (though not on rails).
The CS350 is the outside option because of it's price. It's only got 5 hot swap bays, but it's properly rack mountable with rails.

I don't have a rack yet, but when I get out of my flat and into a proper house, that's likely to change.
I currently have the following waiting to be used.
ATX AM4 Mobo
Ryzen 3 Gen1
16GB of DDR4 memory

I've also got 16GB of DDR3 ECC memory spare (ish) but server grade stuff can get silly expensive.

My question: What case would you pick and why? If I go down the ITX route, I'll be getting one of those SOC boards from Biostar

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:44:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm looking at the InWin MS08 when I get round to building my own storage server.

In-Win MicroATX Server Case
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部