Pioneer av receiver vsx-922 network problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:51:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello guys

Am writing about a problem i face with my pioneer av receiver vsx-922 ..  
I used to connect it to the router through LAN
My router is the Netduma R1 gaming router

I have this av receiver the last four years
And i always used to connect the AV through LAN in order to operate it through iControlAV5 mobile app...

The last 6 months am face connection errors
Its like that the AV cant get any ip
And DHCP is not working
Am checking through Netduma R1 Ui and the receiver dont get any ip..

The strange thing is that some times if i disconnected the power supply of the av for 8  hours the next day it working .

Last 4 months its like that if its not working i do unplag the cable and so on .
But
The last week i tried everything and nothing happened .  I cant establish the connection ...

I tried
* factory reset
* factory reset of the Router
* unplug the power supply

And nothing...

Any idea how to fix it ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:51:12 Mobile | Show all posts
A lot of modern devices can use a process called APIPA to get an IP address in the absence of a DHCP Server. Under APIPA clients literally "make up" and IP address and use it. Such addresses always begin 169.254.... That will "get them working" but notably, the devices (very probably) won't get an Internet connection and half your network might not be talking to the other half.

So, check out the IP addresses you devices have (on the devices themselves, not the router) - if they are getting APIPA addresses, it's a good sign DHCP is not working properly.

You say you have reset you router to factory defaults. If so, go into it's settings and verify that the DHCP Server (note, "DHCP Server" not "DHCP Client" - the router will have both) is enabled and make a note of the IP address range it is serving out. Most routers also have a page where you can inspect the DHCP Leases it has granted - have a look through that and see what it has given out.

Even then, if you have reset your router, then it can screw up the IP addressing as the router will have lost it's knowledge of any leases it previously granted and may thence issue duplicates which can cause problems. Power cycling all your client device might help expedite solving that issue, but usually if you just leave it all alone for 24 hours, it will sort itself out automatically.

Thence it's a case of monitoring and seeing whats happening. Using typical settings, DHCP leases are granted for 24 hour and a client will start trying to "renew" their leases after 12 hours. The idea is, that having been granted a lease a device is entitled to use it for the lease time (24 hours) and be sure that their lease (IP address) won't be granted to anything else, but after half the lease time the client start asking for a "refresh" of the lease (ie get an extension for another 24 hours) after half the lease time. The process is such so that the network doesn't fall to bits because the DHCP server goes down for a short time, or the network is so busy the renewal fails (the latter being highly unlikely in a lightly loaded SOHO network.)

Not pertinent to your problem, but subsequently, you might care to "fix" the IP addresses of infrastructure components such as NAS's servers, printers and so forth so that they always get the same IP address (technically, they can vary each time they renew though it rarely happens.) Most DHCP Servers will have some options in the DHCP Leases list to "always assign this IP address to this device" (nomenclature varies between manufacturers.)

After that, we'll have to get into cases, but in the first instance let's give your network the opportunity to stabalise after resetting the firmware in your router - ie give it 24 hours then see whats happening and refrain from any further "reset to factory defaults" of your router.

If you are unfamiliar with how IP addressing and particularly DHCP work, it can have you tearing your hair out as seemingly "magic," unpredictable and random things apparently happen. Fortunately, there are a few of us who inhabit (or is it "infest") this forum who know what's up and can help you through it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:51:13 Mobile | Show all posts
So you suggest first of all to wait couple of days just to see what is going on .?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:51:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Basically what steps do I have to follow ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:51:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Have a look on your devices and see what IP addresses they have. Check the devices themselves, not your router. You may have to consult the manual for each device as to how to do that - it's not universal.

Most SOHO LAN's use some form of 192.168.X.Y. If all your devices are such, then it should all be working as designed. (And we can look at any individual devices not working on a case by case basis.)

If any of them have anything else, particularly a 169.254.X.Y, then that's an indicator that they are not getting a DHCP Lease from your router. Often, that's because there's some fundamental connectivity issue between the device and the DHCP Server, e.g. a failed ethernet lobe, HomePlug link or Wi-Fi connection.

Start out by mapping out what device has what IP address. You could even post it up if you like, the numbers are any use to anyone.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:51:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Soooo
On my router there is no ip for av receiver
Secondly on  the AV there is no ip
Even if am going to check it manual through
Menu - system - network - ip
The network set up option is flashing but nothing happens

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:51:17 Mobile | Show all posts
That suggests either your receiver is not set up to acquire an IP address using DHCP, or there is no network pathway between the receiver and your router.

1) How is your receiver connected to your network?
2) Have a look at your receiver's manual and check out how to configure it to automatically obtain an IP address automatically. Often times, things are set up to do this by default, but it would be worth checking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:51:18 Mobile | Show all posts
So on 1st question
I connected the receiver is connected with cat 5 cable so its connected via lan

On 2nd question
On my receivers manual it says that will connect automatically through DHCP and nothing needed

Connecting To The Network Through Lan Interface - Pioneer VSX-922-K Operating Instructions Manual [Page 28]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 04:51:19 Mobile | Show all posts
It maybe worth testing with a LAN cable you know to be working.
When you plug you cable into your router, are their lamps that illuminate?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 04:51:20 Mobile | Show all posts
So i just changed the cat5 cable but nothing changed .
Also the light on the router is not blinking

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部