pixmax or index

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:15:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Bottom line is they are crap.

LCD is LCD. Anyone that tells you otherwise is fanboying. Vader immortal on the Index or Rift S is just meh. On the Quest or Vive Pro its beautiful.  However the Index as a headset is REALLY nice.  I just wish they'd gone OLED with the price they're charging.  Best in class refresh rate, best in class commercially friendly fov, best in class build quality, best in class in built sound etc.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:15:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I have both 5k  and Index and I prefer the Index. But if I didn’t have the Index I’d still be happy with the 5k .

5k  cant turn the base stations on and off. The wide FOV suffered from distracting pop in which means objects on the periphery suddenly appear and disappears. The 5k  still has no hard audio strap. But the image is sharp and wide and little glare.

The Index is the complete package. Comfy audio strap, great sounding off ear headphones, low SDE but bad glare on dark scenes. Best VR controllers  on the market. Best tracking you can just forget about. And now Alyx is announce we get the best VR game of our generation that will push the boundaries on every level.

Pimax are working on the 8k  and 8kX which sound interesting and should be available in Feb 2020. 4k resolution for per eye. New Audio strap and better build quality. Forget about the 5k  and 8k.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部