View: 424|Reply: 8

Rift S £349 on Amazon

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:17:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Can't remember if that's how much it normally is, but anyway, they're claiming a reduction.

Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games                                                                                                        Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:17:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Yup, it's 50 quid/dollars off. The Go is also going for 149 quid/dollars too. And the Cosmos is $100 off as well but I can't see anyone with any sense buying one of those even at that price lol

So disappointing that HTC has been run by idiots for the last few years. They used to make excellent phones a few years ago at decent prices but now they cost a small fortune and aren't that good either.

You'd think that they would have learnt their lessons from their mobile phones, Vive and Vive Pro not selling well because they were overpriced but they've made EXACTLY the same mistake with the Cosmos too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:17:13 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:17:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Im really tempted to upgrade my CV1 to the S, the reduction in cables appeals but doesnt really sell it to me, has anyone on here made the upgrade, would they say its worth it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:17:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Personally I upgraded to the quest mate, I did look at the s but I had concerns about the black levels on the LCD, appreciate the quest has a lower refresh rate but the option of playing both untethered and also via pcvr using  oculus link made it a pretty easy sell, tracking seems just as good, I have now boxed away my rift and sensors.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:17:15 Mobile | Show all posts
I want to upgrade from my CV1 Rift but i'm really torn between the Rift S and Quest!
Portable VR really appeals to me plus having the added bonus of linking to a PC now is great for the Quest but I've read a lot of reports that the Quest's clarity (via Link) is just a bit better or at least only par with the CV1.  I know you get superior blacks on the Quest but I'm fed up with the screen door and low res on the CV1 so think the bump in clarity/sharpness would sit better with me.  Its just that pull of tetherless VR that is making the decision really hard..... Grrr!

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:17:16 Mobile | Show all posts
to each their own.  Unless my CV1 packs up i am skipping this generation. The only hmd which remotely interests me (and now HL is a bundle that has gone up a little bit) is the index.

For me the rift S improvements are too small, and the steps backwards are too great.

Quest is a really exciting headset and i think shows the future direction for oculus.... a standalone hmd with the ability to tether to a PC sounds a win win to me......... but again, some of the limitation of the current quest are just too great imo for an existing CV1 owner. (unless you simply must have the standalone vr of course).

For me at least, so long as my CV1 does not pack up, I reckon i am most likely to go for a quest 2.  hopefully that will have a display port built into it rather than usb - or at the very least a proper Virtual Link socket. Also I would expect that to be fully designed with supporting PC VR use in mind and as such also have high refresh modes built into it allowing a proper high end PCVR experience.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:17:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Agree, I’m skipping this generation and sticking with my CV1.
I only use it now for sim racing and although better higher spec would be nice, it’s not worth the extra ££‘s at the moment.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:17:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I upgraded to the Rift S and it was worth every penny. The difference in clarity between the Rift and Rift S is pretty much night and day tbh. I liken it to being short sighted and not wearing glasses (Rift) and then suddenly putting glasses on (Rift S). There really is that much difference.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部