View: 367|Reply: 9

What vr should I buy?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:20:27 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello guys, I really want to buy a Vr, so I'm starting to save money.... The question is:
What is the most affordable VR headset? I want to play games like payday vr, fallout vr, superhot vr.... So can you guys link me something? Or just tell me some good vr names? Thank you so much

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:20:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Most affordable mainstream consumer headset for PC VR gaming - which I think you'd need for Payday VR and  Fallout VR - is the Oculus Rift S.

Oculus Rift S: VR Headset for VR-ready PCs | Oculus                                                                                                        Oculus Rift S is our most advanced PC-powered gaming VR headset. Step into our best VR games with improved optics, tracking and ergonomics.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.oculus.com                                                                               
I think they have some wiggle room to drop that price quite a bit. Keep an eye on it over Christmas.

But you would need a decent PC to connect it to - the Rift S won't work on its own.

Another option - especially if you don't currently have a gaming PC - would be the Oculus Quest.

Oculus Quest: All-in-One VR Headset | Oculus                                                                                                        Oculus Quest is our first all-in-one gaming system for virtual reality. No wires. No PC. Just a headset and controllers that transport you into another world.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.oculus.com                                                                               
This one works on its own, without needing a PC connected to it. They're announced an option to connect it to PC, though, so if at a later date you got a gaming PC, then there's some kind of cable (I think it might cost about £80) that you can use to connect it up to a PC in order to play PC VR games on it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:20:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you for your reply. I actually have a pc with 1050ti,16 gb ram and i7 6700k... Will I be fine?
I also saw the HTC vive, which I can buy by paying month per month. Is it good?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:20:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, it's good. Maybe the oldest of the headsets that are on the market now. I've only used one once or twice so can't comment too much on it. If you go for the Vive make sure you get the whole package with base stations and 'wands' as you'll need them for room scale games like Superhot VR. For the Rift S you just need the package with the headset and controllers, which I think is the only way you can buy it anyway.

Looks like Amazon do interest / fee free credit on the Quest. In the UK at least - not sure if it's the same in Italy.

Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset - 64GB: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games                                                                                                        Buy Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset - 64GB from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk                                                                               
Same for the Rift S

Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games                                                                                                        Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk                                                                               
As for specs, your CPU is easily up to standard, your GPU is right on the minimum spec for a Rift S.

Oculus Rift and Rift S Minimum Requirements and System Specifications                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        support.oculus.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:20:31 Mobile | Show all posts
1050ti is minimum spec but it is going to struggle. I would suggest upgrading your card first.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:20:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Oculus Quest all the way regardless of PC.

The Oculus link is about to be released which means you will be able to link it to your PC via USB and use it like the Oculus Rift, making the Rift completely obsolete to all but the die-hard users.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:20:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Avoid the HTC Vive like the plague. Compared to the Rift S and Quest the controllers are crap and the displays and lenses are crap.

Best to wait for the Quest Link to be released and for reviews to come in. It won't be as good as using a Rift S because there'll be some latency and the Quest isn't as comfortable to wear as the Rift S but you'll have the advantage of having a portable headset that doesn't need a PC to run it so you can take it with you to friends and relatives to try out without lugging your PC with it.

The Rift S may be a problem if you have a large or small IPD because you can't adjust the space between the lenses and displays, but has the advantage of having a MUCH more comfortable head strap. After using the Rift S I'll be thinking twice about getting a CV2 if it doesn't have a halo strap. It really is that good.

To measure your IPD sit in front of a mirror with a ruler. Close one eye and hold the ruler so that it's in the middle of your pupil. Close that eye and open the other one and look at the measurement at the middle of your other pupil. That's your IPD. The Rift S set for an IPD of 64mm, if your IPD is around 58mm or 70mm then you may have eye strain using the Rift S.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:20:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Personally, I'd pick up a second hand Rift CV1, and use the money saved to get a better GPU.

The new models aren't much of an upgrade t all, and in some ways are a bit of a backward step.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:20:34 Mobile | Show all posts
At the moment I very much doubt we will see a comparative performance on the Quest link Vs the Rift or a Rift S. And to get that eventual performance may initially require more horsepower than a regular PC Rift / RiftS set up.

I`m sitting on the fence to see what happens over the next couple of months.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:20:34 Mobile | Show all posts
For your situation I think I'd recommend a used CV1 or HTC Vive, like others have. That graphics card is gonna struggle. I wouldn't recommend anything less than a GTX 1070 even for the last gen of HMDs.

The Oculus Quest is about the best entry point into VR there is but it's not gonna play those games you listed. It might when VR Link comes along but that's a bit of an unknown as of now.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部