Asgard's Wrath

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:25 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So anyone tried this yet?

Melee combat and Zelda style dungeon puzzles are right up my street. I'm quite excited by it and reports are that it plays very well with Revive, so I should be able to enjoy it from my Index.

David of UploadVR reckons the best VR game yet: Asgard's Wrath Review: VR's Most Ambitious And Robust Game Yet

Only criticisms I've come across, which were also made in the UploadVR review, are of the combat. Doesn't compare so well to things like Gorn but I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. Something like Gorn is only doing combat whereas this is doing a hell of a lot more.

I think I'm convinced its worth the asking price and I'm 99% confident buying stuff from the Oculus store and using Revive now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:24:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Road to VR have assessed the Revive performance on Index, Vive and Cosmos:

Here's How 'Asgard's Wrath' Plays on Index and Vive via Revive                                                                                                        Released today, Asgard’s Wrath is the latest title published by Oculus Studios, which also means it’s technically exclusive to the company’s Rift headset. Luckily, there’s a free unofficial mod which makes most Oculus content available to non-Oculus headsets. We tested Asgard’s Wrath with both...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.roadtovr.com                                                                               
They reckon it plays like a native title on the Index. Reckon I'll be having some of that then
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Down loading at the moment.

Yikes -
"The one big downside to playing Asgard’s Wrath with Revive seems to be performance. Even with an RTX 2080 Ti, the game didn’t run particularly smoothly without relying on SteamVR’s Motion Smoothing feature."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:24:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't think it was codes with Index resolution and frame rate in mind

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Bloody hell, the game is HUUUUUGE  

Not going to fit on my SSD unless I uninstall EVERYTHING including Skyrim VR and all my Mods. Will have to bung it on my HDD instead when I get it.

Am too busy playing No Man's Sky at the moment so will look at getting it at the end of this month with my birthday money from my Mum

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Haha. It'll be funny if all the Oculus haters buy this game with their non oculus headsets.

Crap that sounds alarming as I only have a 2080. I hope it will run on Index ok at 90hz.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:24:28 Mobile | Show all posts
Its a ReVive thing, I`m sure they will sort it. I`m running a 1080ti with the game on Epic settings and the resolution maxed out. Its nice and smooth, no stutter. I`ve not felt the need to see what the frame rate is. I`m of the opinion now that if you constantly need to know the FPS then there must be performance issues.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
9.4/10 by IGN. Pretty much universal praise which is good since I feel like VR games are judged by way higher standards than normal games and people like to be so much more critical about 'immersion breaking' stuff.

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I rate Superhot to be one of the best gaming experiences I've had yet its ratings on big sites in VR are non existant. If crappy Indie titles can get the odd 9/10 idk why our excellent VR games cant.

I mean I played through the witcher 3 recently and my immersion was broken a hundred times with the crap combat, poor inventory management, absolutley terrible oils system which was redundant most of the time, the wheel to change powers which stops combat...  so pancake its fine.. but VR its not...

Anyway... yeah Asgards looks decent. Oculus really knocked it out of the park with those one. We have Stormland coming next month and then Lone Echo 2 next year. Then Medal of Honor game! At last Oculus realised games sell consoles, not specs!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
P.S. Thats not to mention Valve have a few games which might hit the market at some point. VR Software space is slowly building up.

Oh and NMS was released earlier. And Borderlands 2 VR... I wouldn't be surprise if BL3 VR is going to be done if someone can drop a big bag of cash to them like Sony did (pretty please Oculus).

ive been saying for AGES... vr game developers need to concentrate on lore, story telling, atmosphere, character design, story... and less on VR mechanic after VR mechanic. As good as it is to have VR-ready games, the bottom line is plenty of top tier pancake games dont have the most perfect gameplay. hopefully indie developers kinda take note a bit.. i know they dont have the same budgets but i feel like a lot of them really dont care about even trying to give a decent story.

Use magic Report

Looks utterly incredible . The bar has been raised for VR I think. No time to play yet but this is a must buy for me.
Oculus are really funding some good VR stuff.
I have high hopes for stormland too.(shame defector was a bit of a dissapointment

I watched a video of 1st 20 mins I think it was and the steamer was playing on a gtx1060 without issue . That was on a rift s however

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部