Vive Pro or Valve Index

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:25:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Pick:

Higher refresh rate , mild FOV boost and less SDE vs wireless functionality and superior black levels.

Best advice I can give you is try to find an Oculus Quest and a Rift S or Index and compare the black levels. If you're okay with grey instead of black, and you don't mind no wireless functionality at presence, then the Index is a no brainer. If those two are high on your list, then...

________

You can still get the knuckles on the vive pro so the controller is a non issue.The tracking is the same.

Personally I think the 120hz refresh rate for most high end games is not going to even come into play (e.g. Fully modded skyrim at 90hz is hard enough). The Index will be better for reading text, but most space games which require reading text will much prefer the black levels of a Vive Pro.

The Vive Pro was the biggest rip off in the VR industry until the Index was announced and released. Now it looks like a much better buy tbh.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:25:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't trust people on the forum giving their very big big opinions without having used the hardware.

Find a Vive Pro which you can demo and make the decision for yourself before you have these fanboys telling you black levels don't matter.

We're on an AVForums where we all spend god knows how much money chasing the perfect black levels. No doubt there is a compromise between SDE and black levels but please try out both and guide your own purchase rather than just following someone else's biased opinions.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:25:51 Mobile | Show all posts
For goodness sake, do not buy a Vive Pro at full retail price. There are a few knocking about on the usual auction sites at half the price since I suspect a lot of Pro owners are flogging them off to get an Index.

I'm pretty sure an Index would look clearer, but I can't fault the Pro I've got - it actually looks fantastic. The SDE is still there, but it's a very fine mesh. I wish the Vive had these displays to begin with!

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部