View: 89|Reply: 0

Fun to watch...time after time

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:25:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was looking at a few of my fave films tonight. I decided to look up the comments on 'Strictly Ballroom'. I was very pleased to see that even though this was a film that involved dancing made by Baz Luhrmann, Americans love it! (Not being racist or anything, but the US didn't take too kindly to his latest) Then I realised, I've never commented on Strictly Ballroom, so I decided tonight would be the night!

The film is about Scott, a young Australian ballroom dancer. One night at a dancing competition, he tries a few new moves out. His partner is furious, and so she leaves him, after she is informed that another, better dancer, Ken Railings, has lost his partner. She's broken both her legs.  (Make sure you see that part, it's hilarious.) Scott's parents, who own the local ballroom dancing school, decide to look for another partner for him, as the Pan Pacifics (massive dancing competition) are coming up, and Scott absolutely has to win! A young, quite unattractive amateur, Fran, walks in on Scott practising his moves in one of the rooms in the school and we can tell she instantly falls in love with this talented young man. He notices her after a while, and he decided he will train Fran, secretly, and she will be his dancing partner for the Pan Pacifics. There are some hilarious moments in this Australian love story brilliantly directed by the one and only Baz Luhrmann. Scott's dad had me rolling around on the floor at times, even though at the beginning, he looks like a quiet,respectful man.

SEE THIS FILM! Even if you hated all things Moulin Rouge, you will love this.

score /10

stacy_g_ie 17 February 2002

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0313627/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部