View: 339|Reply: 3

Getting started

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:31:38 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The only VR I've tried so far is cardboard and I'm not really impressed so looking to try something better. The lack of support and having this big heavy box on my face are making it more trouble than it's worth. While I'm sure I'll wind up getting into the games, VR movies etc. my main interest right now is just to be able to watch regular movies. If I can get them 3D I'd consider it a bonus. My concerns with most of the headsets I'm finding online are price and they still look bulky and heavy. Is it possible to get something that would work well in this kind of style without spending a fortune? 3D Virtual Reality Wide Screen Digital Video Glasses w/ 2" LCD - Black

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:31:39 Mobile | Show all posts
In a word, no.  That’s the dream jump that we are all waiting for. But, that’s no need to dismiss current technology. Judging from what you have posted, I would say that an Oculus Quest would be your best bet. A HUGE leap up from Google Cardboard etc. And the size and weight of the current vr hmd’s isn’t really noticeable when you’re having a blast. Where do you live? You might be able to blag a cheeky demo off a member here.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:31:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Occulus is all a bit rich for my blood. I noticed prime video and netflix both supported it and gear VR. How well would gear work for that application?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:31:40 Mobile | Show all posts
For watching movies, the Gear VR would be fine. However,  you mentioned wanting to play games too. There is a world of difference between the Quest and the Gear in this respect, as the Quest has 6-dof, and proper controllers (vr hands).  I have a Gear VR, as well as my Quest, and wouldn’t dream of firing it up these days.

Having said all of that, I thoroughly enjoyed my Gear VR back in the day. As an introduction to VR, it was a nice first stop, and there was quite a few apps, and experiences to download for it.  Good luck

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部