Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:32:19 Mobile | Show all posts
@Krytenchannel

I will suggest that you get yourself a lens adapter. Getting rid of glasses in VR makes a big difference.  The Rift-S and Quest are a lot more fiddly than the CV1 when using glasses.

You can go the DIY route with 3d printed lens adapters or buy from widmovr / vroptician / vr-lens-lab

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:32:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Not sure about the Quest, but there's no need for lens adapters for the Rift S. There's LOADS of room for glasses.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:32:21 Mobile | Show all posts
I use lens inserts on my Vive. Although there's room for glasses, the though of either my glasses or Vive lenses getting scratched puts me off. Also means I can just pop it on without having to carefully get it over my glasses.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:32:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree there is enough room but the experience of putting on the hmd is so much different when you don't have to use glasses. Using glasses in any of the current hmd's requires some level of manoeuvring.  I went the DIY route. I already have a 3d printer, so I just purchased reglazed lenses from eBay for about £13

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:32:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I went with Vive because of the spot on tracking and roomscale play area. And l can assure you that tracking for the Vive is second to none. Plus you don’t have to plug the base stations (sensors) into a usb

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:32:23 Mobile | Show all posts
But the Rift has spot on tracking too and roomscale (just setting the record straight, in case people think it hasn't because of your statement).
Ok, the sensors do need plugging in to USB, but the Vive needs plugging in to wall sockets, so they both have their plus/minus points. Also they Rift sensors are small discrete, where the Vives are massive in comparison.
In fact, if you (not you personally) are bothered about sensors then go for the newer Oculus Rift S with inside out tracking.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:32:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I do love what the Rift is doing with the inside out tracking. It’s clearly the future of VR. And the Oculus Quest is the first ever stand alone headset that provides a true VR experience. Exciting stuff.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:32:25 Mobile | Show all posts
I doubt it. Inside out using cameras can't track anything outside your field of view. So any body or object trackers or other VR users in the same room won't work.

It's ok for home use I suppose, but it still has its limitations even then.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:32:26 Mobile | Show all posts
i like the idea of inside out tracking but imo it is unlikely to match either CV1 tracking** or light house tracking until developers can find a way of squeezing at least 1 sensor/camera onto each controller.

do that, and combined with the current inside out system i think they will be onto a winner.

**in some cases inside out tracking does have advantages to the CV1 or lighthouse such as objects in the way in your room....  i would say inside out tracking for the HMD is sorted already it is the controllers which are the issue  as there is a fairly large area where they currently are not tracked ***

***I say that as someone who has not tried the Rift S so if i am wrong , tell me i am wrong.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部