12Next
Back New
View: 457|Reply: 19

Huawei Mediapad M5 10.8" - Thoughts?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:44:54 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Anyone got one of these? Can get one new for £250, quite a bit less than retail as far as I can tell. What are your thoughts?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:44:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Lovely tablet, gorgeous screen, great sound, runs very quickly and smoothly.

Some dislike having to use a dongle to connect 'standard headphones': not a major issue for me.

For £250 (which is very cheap for a circa £400 tablet) you really can't do better (in my opinion).  I've bought a Tab S4 becuase I get a very good deal through work, was waiting for the M5 but it isn't "on the list" yet.

Go for it!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:44:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I received it on Thursday and can't put it down. The screen is amazing. I never thought an ips screen could come close to an oled one. How wrong was I? Pin sharp, beautiful colours, black blacks. And the speed is ridiculous. The only criticism is that the navigation bar is glued to the left of the screen. I haven't found any way to change this so far. Its handy for southpaws I'm sure. But I like my nav bar in the middle of the screen, so I would like the option to change it. I could use another launcher I suppose.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:44:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Where did you buy from? I’m thinking of getting one of these to replace my aging iPad. I’ve got the Huawei P20 phone which I love and I think the M5 would compliment it nicely.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:44:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I got it from ebay seller harris_harris_harris but it was the last one. And at that price I'm not surprised they sold out. I also got the P20 Pro. It has restored my faith in Chinese phones

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:44:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks.
It looks like they’re £310 now for the 10.8” or £259 for the 8.4”. I’m undecided between one of those or the basic iPad that I can get for £300 using my university discount.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:45:00 Mobile | Show all posts
My son is intent on getting a mac book pro for his musical studies. When researching this with him, I was stunned at Apple's blatant "crippling" of user upgrades, and extortionate prices for their own upgrades,and that's besides the initial outlay for a bog standard 13" i5 laptop. Almost £1600 for one with 8gb ram and 256gb ssd. Want to upgrade, then you have to pay them to do it. £162 for an 8gb ram upgrade. £180 for a 512gb ssd - £480gb models are readily available for around £70. Scandalous. I don't know whose palms they're greasing to get away with it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:45:00 Mobile | Show all posts
It’s swings and roundabout really, each ecosystem has its own negatives and positives.

I’m still using the MacBook Pro I purchased in 2010 yet I’ve been through 3 windows laptops in that same time as well as having to upgrade/replace components.
Whilst the MBP was a very big outlay in one hit, it’s cost me nothing else since and I’ve never had any malware or viruses. All the software just works too, I’ve never had a problem running anything.
With Windows I’ve spent at least £500 more in total over the same period of time to cover my needs by having to replace the machine itself twice, ram or drive and I constantly have have antivirus and malware software running.

My iPad is 4 years old now and still used daily I expect that since then it’s performance has deteriorated, but it’s not so that I notice it. The only reason I’m even considering replacing it is that the battery life isn’t as good anymore. I’d expect any battery to be worse after 4 years of constant use though.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:45:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah, I bought my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 on day one, as there was nothing else on the market at that time with anywhere near the spec. I also like android for the freedom it gives with storing music, books, comics etc. Anyway, he bought the MBP, cost over £1700 all in (with unidays discount) and he got a "free" pair of beats wireless headphones with it. He wasn't very happy that he was able to pickup the beats from the Apple store yesterday but had to wait till today for the MBP, as instore customers are given preference over online buyers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:45:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I tried phoning a couple of stores near me today to see if anywhere had these tablets in stock and on display, but unfortunately none of them did. I was hoping I could see them in the flesh somewhere as I can’t decide between the 8.4” or the 10.8”. My iPad is 9.7” and it’s fine in size, I find it a little heavy though and don’t know what the 10.8” will be like in comparison.
I’m tempted with the 8.4” as that eBay seller has them in stock at £220 which seems good value.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部