123Next
Back New
Author: LexDiamond

Is Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 10.1 best option for me?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Bought a Samsung Tab A 10"
Must say I'm very impressed.
Battery life superb, screen great. Got a nice tough case for it that covers the whole thing, even the screen.
If I was gaming, perhaps I'd look for something more powerful, but for general usage and internet stuff, never seen any lags.
I hear it's also going to shockingly get Android Oreo towards the end of the year which I was not expecting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Glad you are enjoying it. The 1920 screen is fine but the 2560 screen brings things to a slightly different level.  I have huge respect for Samsung products

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Oh yes, I won't disagree with that.
Coming from my Nexus 6 phone with it's higher res 6" screen than the resolution on my Samsung 10" tablet. Indeed, that would be nice.

I was lucky to buy this Samsung, which is the one that takes a sim, so it's actually a GIANT mobile phone also! at a great price from someone local brand new who had it as their free upgrade and sold it instead as they already had the same model.

And I wanted a table that was, in effect a GIANT phone, so I have connectivity wherever I was, even if I was not near my mobile for a hotspot.

And to get this in a higher model would of literally cost many £100's more.

The lower screen res (which if I'm honest it really only noticeable on a webpage with tiny writing) was a fair trade-off

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Well my iPad 2 .. original version  has the SIM slot   also , it was useful back in the day, as the other non SIM  iPads did not have GPS and there were plenty of  low cost data offerings on pay as you go for use abroad . My preference now however is to use the phone as a hotspot, and then just w fi to the tablet.
My use is often newspapers and magazines and the 2560 screen can resolve text beyond my  eyesights ability to read.. but that's where the zoom comes in.  A full broadsheet newspaper can be seen in  the screen and looks sharp enough, but I need to zoom in to read ..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree you can use the Phone as a hotspot, it's just basically easier if a Tablet is a complete device in it's own right. Not essential of course, just easier

Re the pixels and zoom, not sure I understand as that counteracts the argument totally
the whole point of ultra hi-def display is the ability to see tiny text clearly, if you zoom, in then that negates the whole reason for such a display

Main thing is, most devices have pluses and minuses, and it's about finding the one that best suits you.
Its VERY hard to find any one device that does not have some negatives.

The model 3 tablet from Samsung I'd love, but not at that price
Then I start to not enjoy using it as I'm so scared to damage it at all.
I'm bad enough about normal priced items. My Samsung tablet I ended up with, I was not using really as I was scare of getting a mark on it.
So I invested in a great case that protects the back, the sides and ports, and even a clear sheet over the screen, so it's effectively totally sealed.

This may look a little bulky in the photo, but in reality it's fine, nice grip and superb protection.
I'd get something like this again in a shot when I get my next tablet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LX4VLYD

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Fully agree with the desire to protect screens etc. I insisted on a wallet type cover on my s7 phone before leaving the shop and it has rarely been off it since. Even the wireless charger gadget works with it o  if the placement is spot on .
But you are misreading my point about the hi res screen .. its hardly lenovos fault that my 67 year old eyes need slighty larger print   there is absolutely no pixellation and the zoom is lagless . A broadsheet is a large area.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:19 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm just sad that due to the lack of insight with software developers and hardware developers the Tablet market has rather stagnated and needs a kick in the ass.

I'm not going to pay top top price for last years model of anything.
My Sammy A was brand new and a bargain, but I just got really really lucky.

Perhaps I'll get interested again when the BIG companies (not Apple) actually create something worth thinking about once more.

Perhaps a Android/Chrome Tablet thing may be a future item?
Chrome on a tablet with Android apps also.

We seem to have 3 devices, Phone, Tablet, Computer and I feel they need tying together in a better way than they are now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Well Microsoft  did seem to have a handle on it, with their continuum strategy, but the phone part let them down. The Microsoft  phones are good , but just could not compete with the volume of apps already available on the other platforms.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Indeed.

I can see a future where your phone/tablet are your main computing device.

You just really want them to link to a keyboard and nice large screen when at home and getting "some work" done.

Running full windows (or full MacOS) on a mobile device is the key starting point.
I'm sure we'll get there one day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Most people do not want or need a computing device, they want and need a device that communicates so that they can consume information. In a real sense that was the genius of Steve Jobs to recognise that.
I come from an era where computers were used to run programmes, payrolls,databases,  factory automation,  design components and analyse structures.
It is both the failure and curse ? of the computer that it is so adaptable that  it has been shoehorned into roles  as a communicator  when much simpler devices would have been just as effective.
Any number  of single chip devices currently available will serve the role of computer,  .. Even the Raspberry Pie, is more capable as a computer than any Pentium 3, all that holds it back is battery power, IO, a Display and memory.
The Nice Screen and keyboard complexity is already sorted, with PC in USB sticks, ( ASUS)  ,and  with Android TV boxes …

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部