View: 364|Reply: 2

Samsung Galaxy Tab A, (newbie)

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:48:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Recently made a return to the galaxy range from ipad. This time it's the "A", 10.1".  

My question is this, I have a page of icons representing the sites I use on a regular basis. At the bottom of that age is a white sq with nine dots and the title Apps. When I click on that, there they are again, along with what I believe to be preinstalled apps.  I'm wondering if this duplication is a requirement or necessary.

Swiping seems good enough, however, it would be just as easy to touch this "apps" button to start surfing.  I appreciate that swiping, will show only those icons I want to see, whereas the touching of the apps button will show those they want me to see, but that could be easily remedied by stacking them so those which I don't need, could be collected in batches of "9's" I would have thought.

Long explanation, but I would like to know if it really is necessary to have duplications.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:37 Mobile | Show all posts
The icons on your home screen are optional and can be removed. iOS doesn't have the app drawer so all apps are shown on multiple home screens, whereas the android home screen can have anything you want including icons for apps or widgets to show information or updates from apps
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:48:38 Mobile | Show all posts
What you are refering to are the links to the apps that are stored on the device. They are simply links and the actual apps are not duplicated in any way. By touching and holding the app on the page you mention you can slide and make it appear on the home screen of your choice. You only need to use the App store page on your device when you want to make a selection for the home page. As you say there are a number of pre-installed Apps which cannot be removed.

If you choose to remove an App from rhe home screen you can always retrieve it again from the 'store' at a later date. It will not have gone away. You seen to be confusing links with actual Apps.

With slight variations this is standard on every Android phone and tablet.

Sent from my SM-A520F using AVForums mobile app
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部