View: 335|Reply: 4

Can I run files from an SD card in Fire for Kids?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:52:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just got a Kindle Fire HD 8 (7th Gen)

I've got a load of photo and video files on an SD card but I don't seem to be able to access these through my sons profile. It will let me add the apps i've purchased no problem but it seems that the only video content it will allow me to add is anything I may have bought through Amazon Video.

Any work around as its very annoying if he can only access the video files through my profile.

Thanks
Mike

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:52:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Any ideas? I can’t be the only parent that wants to run audio / video files from an SD card in kids mode ..... unless there’s no workaround [emoji16]
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:52:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi

Can you see the files on the SD card on the tablet? I think you may have to get an app to play the videos.

See if you can download es file explorer from Amazon app store. Then use this to browse the SD card and play the contents.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:52:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep I can see them in my profile under “my videos”. Will look for that app later and if it works I will hopefully be able to add it to my sons kids profile.

Thank you

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:52:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks again. This worked although I’ll have to keep an eye on him as you can’t limit access to just the one folder containing the movies.

Still can’t believe Amazon didn’t allow something more user friendly in their Fire for Kids bit but then they have a subscription service to sell after all!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部