View: 415|Reply: 4

Alternative to Nvidia shield K1 (as out of stock)

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:55:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all

last month we bought our oldest an Nvidia Shield K1 (second gen shield) tablet to replace his hudl 2 as it was his birthday and we promised to do the same for our youngest next month for his birthday.

unfortunately the last 2 days i have been looking and it is sold out at ebuyer and nvidia themselves and that sort of tells me they have stopped producing it. coincidentally it showed today in stock on ebuyer so i ordered quickly to then get an email an hour later saying stock problem and i had to get a refund.

i can see them on amazon from third party sellers well in excess of £200 when i only paid £170 and even ebay for similarly high prices.

so, in preparation for having to get something different i thought id get some opinions.

must be close to £170 and definitely not over £200.

decent for games as this is what they do with them and the reason i chose the shield

ideally about 8 inch but possibly up to 10 inch.

i found the samsung tab a 10.1 2016 so may have to take that on amazon for £193 but wondered if it is any good for games and also wondered if there was a slightly smaller one someone could recommend.

cheers guys

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:55:37 Mobile | Show all posts
anyone?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:55:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't have any alternative recommendations but keep an eye on Amazon for them coming back into stock. I wanted to get one for my Daughter at Christmas and they were out of stock everywhere and I settled for a Samsung tablet instead, only for them to come back into stock a couple of days later. I ended up buying one for myself though

I would have a back-up plan but don't give up on getting a shield until you have to, from what I have seen on other forums etc it seems that they are frequently in and out of stock like this.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:55:38 Mobile | Show all posts
It's looks like they are back in stock at Nvidia.

NVIDIA SHIELD | Smart Home, Android TV & Tablet Gaming

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:55:38 Mobile | Show all posts
i went for the samsung tab a6 10.1 in the end. clicking on that link the nvidia is out of stock again.

i ran various benchmarks and the samsung trails way behind even some older devices we have in the house. it only excelled in the multi core test in geekbench and internet speed via 5g wifi. i realise it isnt a gaming tablet but it is so massively behind the nvidia i was shocked.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部