View: 378|Reply: 6

Pc games on windows tablet?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:55:46 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hill is it possible to play pc games on a Windows based tablet? I have an old football manager game that I like on pc from 2008 and wondered if I could play it on a Windows based tablet?

Thanks

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:55:47 Mobile | Show all posts
I have a Linx Vision 8 gaming tablet that will happily play older games via steam. I've played the following on mine :-

Duke Nukem Forever
Gone Home
Psychonauts
Trine
Grid

It'll also stream games from a Xbox One

Check here - Linx Vision 8 Inch Wi-Fi Gaming Tablet £99.99 @ Argos
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:55:48 Mobile | Show all posts
How do you install the games on your tablet? Do I need an external dvd drive, I have the disk for the game.

Thanks

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:55:48 Mobile | Show all posts
They install onto internal memory or you can use a memory card. You might be able to install it from disk if you attach an external drive or transfer the disk ISO. I get my games from steam or gog.com etc

Use magic Report

If it works on Windows it should work on the tablet, the specs will limit what you can run but my surface pro 2 can run a surprising amount of games quite well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I also play pc games on the Linx gaming tablet, cheap tablet but it works great for this and playing Xbox games streamed from console.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:55:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I have a Linx 7 and a Linx 10. They will play pretty much any game that will play on Windows so long as the graphics and CPU specs aren't too demanding.

You can install using an online service like Steam or GOG, but for games that you already own you can simply buy a £20 external DVD-ROM and plug it into the USB port, and it will run like it would on a desktop system.

My biggest difficulty is finding games that will play well on the limited GPU in the Linx, but pretty much any older game that would run on an older integrated graphics chip will run on a Linx as it's just a low speced PC in real terms.

Pretty much any free or cheap title from the Windows store will also run on a Windows tablet like the Linx.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部