View: 332|Reply: 3

Upgrading from a hudl 2?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 05:59:22 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
My Dad and I were thinking of treating my Mum to a new tablet for Christmas. She current has the Tesco Hudl 2 and it's been hammered as she spends a lot of time playing games on it.
Initially i automatically thought about getting her an Ipad mini 2 but I popped in to PCworld for a nosy the other day and was surprised at the choice! It also occurred to me that she's used to android and I'm not sure if the type of games she plays (bingo, candy crush type games) are as available on IOS.
So I'm now thinking maybe a better android tablet might be better, but don't know where to start!?
I'm looking for something with a good amount of storage (I think the Hudl has 16gb and she's constantly asking me to delete things for her) that will play games well (albeit fairly basic ones) and around the same size as a hudl (8").
Max £250 but if cheaper or much cheaper will do, all the better. Oh and it's only used at home connected to wifi.
Thanks

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:59:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Anyone?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:59:24 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm currently replacing my son's Hudl 2 with a Samsung Tab A 10.1 - it's slightly bigger than the 8" Hudl, but has an expandable memory and is available for about £160 from Currys and John Lewis at the moment.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:59:25 Mobile | Show all posts
In the Black Friday panic, I've actually ordered that very tablet and an iPad mini 2 32gb for £190 with the intention of returning one of them. I've had a little play with the Samsung and I'm quite impressed and I own an iPad mini myself. I just can't decide which she'd prefer. You don't happen to know if you can run simple games from the Memory Card do you? The smaller Memory is the one let down of the Samsung.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部