Help and Recommendations please

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:15:22 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,
Ive been stuck on this for a few days now. I know nothing about smartwatches and the more I delve into this the more frustrating this search is becoming. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

My parents are old and not tech savvy whatsoever. My dad recently had a fall in his kitchen and was stuck immobile for over an hour. Phone was in another room.

I am looking for an android smartwatch for him that makes phone calls on the watch but through his phone. Not a separate sim card, but bluetooth. So a mic and speaker. I would have thought this to be a useful feature but some watches do not have this and others do not clearly state whether they do this. Some have mic only?!?!?! I find that very strange!

It doesn't need to have apps on it or fitness anything but if it comes with it thats fine. I guess what Im looking for is some kind of hybrid watch, regular type analogue watch but with a mic and speaker that connects to the phone by bluetooth. That would be best. But if that doesn't exist then the simplest, cheap, but good, smartwatch that has a mic and speaker on it to make phone calls.

For my mum, she has an iPhone, but my mum is fashion conscious of her generation, so she will not wear what young women would consider fashionable today. My mum is old school. needs to be a bit blingy. Michael Kors has a smart watch but no speaker!! the older model which I can not find anywhere used to have a speaker, but the newer ones are mic only!!! Weird!!

Can anyone recommend similar as above to my dads requirements but something elegant and lady like? Not worried too much on cost for my mum as Im sure what I am looking for will be on the more expensive side.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:15:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Samsung S3 Gear can do that and is cheap as there is a new version out.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:15:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, there are several other options that you could consider and I give you some info and details on some of the ones you are considering. Click on the links for full in-depth reviews, if you want to learn more about each of them. trust me, it will make for very helpful reading.

The Fitbit Versa is a great alternative and very popular, with a lot of functionality with the Fitbit app. It brings a clear, bright and pretty screen, a new and improved heart rate sensor that is constantly updated with even smarter functionality via firmware updates, smart notifications, contactless payment capabilities and many more features. Honestly, it is really good.

The Samsung Galaxy is a sturdy and stylish smartwatch with plenty of power and a truly lovely user interface thanks to its rotating bezel and Tizen OS. The Samsung Galaxy Watch is one of the best smartwatches around with lots of battery life for such a smart device, a fantastic screen and UI, as well as heaps of style. It works fine with iOS but is the brightest star with Samsung smartphones.

The Ticwatch E is a budget-friendly Wear OS smartwatch that still packs in both GPS and heart-rate monitoring. With solid performance and a nice (if chunky) design, this is one of the best value smartwatches around. It is not a revolutionary watch, its minimalist design, ease of use and attractive price tag make it a solid first smartwatch for Android or iOS fans. It doesn’t particularly excel at one thing but it is a really good and affordable compromise between a smartwatch and fitness motivator.

The Huawei 2 Sports is something of a surprise package: great for on-the-go independent control without a phone thanks to (optional) 4G, well built and full of top-spec hardware and features. Overall, what the Huawei Watch 2 does is have a jolly good go at things. It misses the exuberance and the sporting prowess of other (more expensive) smart/ sport watches, but as a smartwatch that will deal well with sports, it’s actually pretty good in many areas. The battery life is good and it’s packed with all the sensors you could possibly need.

The Apple Watch Series 4 s leading in optical accuracy, and while it’s far from perfect, buying a Garmin or Fitbit watch/band won’t get you better optical performance. However, the caveat is that if you’re concerned about your heart rate from your CrossFit class, you might want to invest in a Bluetooth chest strap, which works with the Apple Watch Series 4.

I hope this helps you!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部