View: 303|Reply: 2

Which Garmin music watch

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:16:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am looking for a smart watch / fitness tracker. I do run and cycle and want to get back to swimming. I am not interested in taking calls on the watch or anything other than nnotifications. I want an always on watch face and would like to get as close to a week as possible out of it although I understand that's likely only possible if not using the heart rate or GPS functions.

I tried to check options out at shops but not the easiest thing to find, I happily ruled out the apple watch and cheap fitness step trackers.

I think from my internet research that some Garmin watches fit this quite well, the glut of data they generate also interests me.

I think I want to get music and mobile payments on the device if possible, this is a tough one as the vivoactice 3 music does not thrill me in its looks, and strangely the touch screen seems weird. The forrunnder 635 music looks better in slate grey but is over £100 for basically no additional features for me bar physical buttons.

The fenix 5 range are now highly discounted due to the plus models, these seem really nice battery wise but lack music and payment. These would be my least used features but again as a real casual sports person I won't touch advanced features that I know of but perhaps it's a better watch.

Budget is about £350 but would rather find the right watch and work out what's right for me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:16:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Like all things you often end up with something slightly different,.I went for a fenix 5, so no music but all sports tracking one could want and a good battery.

Decided I would have my phone on me for any time I need music, so it was only Garmin pay I loose, but the watch looked smarter than some others and I wanted it as a watch also.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:16:13 Mobile | Show all posts
The VivoActive 3 Music annoys me because the VivoActive 3 looks really good.  If they just added music to the 3 they would have been on to a real winner in my opinion.  However, the 3 Music just looks crap (because of the bubble type glass they put on it) in comparison to the 3....so disappointing!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部