View: 381|Reply: 0

Warning - Lightroom running in the background can kill MTP connections

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:18:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This might not affect anyone but after getting rather frustrated with this issue I thought I'd post any way in case it does help anyone.  I connected my Android phone to my PC to copy photos over using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) as I've done regularly without issue but this time I couldn't get it working, when transferring individual pictures it would transfer a tiny 12k version of it and when transferring bulk photos it would hang trying to transfer a single file eventually timing out with a helpful error 'the requested value cannot be determined'.

I couldn't find anything helpful online so gave up and decided to just use the Samsung software for now but when it was misbehaving I started to get suspicious, Lightroom had been open when I connected the phone and had popped up the import dialogue which I cancelled letting it go back to the develop screen.  I tried closing Lightroom entirely and the MTP problems promptly disappeared and I had no problems copying bulk photos as normal, it seems Lightroom was holding the connection open to the phone itself and preventing anything else transferring data using that interface.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部