View: 369|Reply: 2

Smartwatch alarm that will go off after a given number of hours of sleep (i.e. starting the timer on

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 06:19:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I know there are a lot of smartwatches/apps which can wake you up at the best time in your sleep cycle however I'm wondering if there is one that can start a timer from the moment your movements indicate that you have fallen asleep.  In other words, I'm interested in getting a smartwatch/smartwatch app that can wake me up after a certain number of hours of sleep.  Sometimes I lay in bed at night and fall asleep right away.  Other times can't fall asleep for an hour or two.  If I'd like to be woken up in the best part of my sleep cycle after 6 hours of sleep say (i.e. 4 sleep cycles of 90 min each).  Is there an app which can start timing once I fall asleep and then go off when I'm in a light part of my sleep cycle say about 6 hours later.  I'd really like the option to be awoken as soon as I've slept for the duration/number of sleep cycles I wanted to.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:19:05 Mobile | Show all posts
It doesn’t really answer your question, but your body clock is set largely by the time you wake up, not when you go to sleep. So, the best way to improve sleep is to get up at the same time every morning if at all possible.

I recommend the book Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker.

Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:19:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Dear Stiggy - Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.  Yes, this is a bit different from the question I asked but your answer and the web page are insightful and well thought out.  I might check out the book.  I think its a good point.  Regards.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部