View: 367|Reply: 2

Children's smart watch/tracker

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:24:19 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone can help or has experience in the below?

I am looking for a smart watch/tracking watch for my daughter, ideally with features that lets you call the watch/receive calls and track location etc. (Any additional features is a bonus)
We live in the UK but need something that will work in the US when we go on holiday next year. I would look at getting a 3 sim or similar for the roaming data/calls.
I've seen lots from China but not sure if they would work both Uk/USA.

Ideally not too expensive around £50 max region.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Ben

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:24:20 Mobile | Show all posts
a way of doing this is to buy one of the full blown android watches which takes a sim and install a program called mobile tracker free

Mobile Tracker Free | Cell Phone Tracker App | Monitoring App for Android Smartphone

you have to be a bit cautious on which networks work with these type of smart watch phones and from my experience 3 network sims are not on the same frequencies these watches work on
service providers i know work on these watches through my own trial and error and the ones iv'e tried are EE and sky which means o2 should be fine as sky use the same network

most of these type of watch will work on 2g and 3g data but not 4g, to be honest they are patchy at best with data but work fine over wifi

also it would probably be a better idea to do a bit of research on networks in the US and buy a compatible pay and go sim whilst your there to be sure it's still going to work while your there

a couple of things about these smart watches
in general there big and might look a little over powering on a childs wrist ( presuming you are talking about a child rather than a young adult )
they do quite a lot but in reality not very well, i have a lemfo les1 which in essence is an android smart phone on your wrist but with a very small screen making things like txt messages almost impossible to read and even harder to reply to
using it as a phone works better than i expected but again fiddly to use
blue tooth is not perfect and needs some improvement to make it work as it should

to be honest they make a great toy but i don't know if i would want to rely on it as a main phone
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:24:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you for your reply. You are right it is for a 5 year old. Main purpose is to be able to track her in an unfamiliar place but some of the kids ones look OK and have some decent additional features like games to keep her occupied, alert when in water, when removed from wrist, camera etc but there doesn't seem to be an all in one watch that does it all to a good standard.
From reviews around the web it does seem like a lot of these smart tracking watches are hit and miss. Hopefully as tech improves better options will appear.
The Lemfo one you mentioned looks very smart but I think it would be more for an adult that a 5 year old.

I will keep an eye out and hope better options come to the market in the near future.

Thanks again for your reply
Ben
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部