View: 372|Reply: 0

Android Wear 2.0 battery draining tips

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 06:24:27 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

Just a random post in case it helps anyone. I've heard a few people complain about the battery of Android Wear 2.0 watches not getting them throughout the day, but I can reach the evening of the third day with my Fossil Q Marshal. To do this I do the following;

Turn brightness down to 1 (I still find a watch perfectly viewable in daylight on this setting).
Disable gestures except tilt to wake because this is the only constantly usable gesture anyway.
Disable notifications from all but communication apps from your phone (SMS, social media and instant messenger accounts).
Disable ok Google detection if you have a button that launches it manually.
Disable location from phone until you actually need it.
Disable always on screen so it only lights up when you are actually checking the time.
Disable blue-tooth overnight because you don't get up in the night to check your phone notifications anyway.
Use wi-fi in the house and office, and bluetooth when out, not both at the same time.
Uninstall all apps that you do not use. This includes SMS, social media and instant messenger accounts as you have the option to reply to them via the watch if you receive a notification - no need to have the actual app on your watch.

And most importantly, stop playing with your watch. Treat it as a timepiece on your wrist (how often did you play with your wind up watch?) and not a piece of tech. Only use it when it needs using.

Hope it helps.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部