Pebble watches will get updates

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Update ensures Pebble will live on, despite Fitbit acquisition

The latest version of the Pebble app, out now for Android and iOS, removes the device’s reliance on likely-to-be closed cloud services. That means that even when Fitbit does pull the plug, your Pebble should keep on ticking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:15 Mobile | Show all posts
That's good news.

Its weird- I really like my Pebble Time but I don't know whether it was a freak co-incidence but as soon as Pebble announced Fitbit had bought them out, my PT stopped working in that the notifications weren't going to the watch.

I tried resetting it a few times and it still didn't resolve it so I ended up purchasing the Huawei W1 which is what I've been using since.

However, I still wear the PT for bed as I use the vibration as my alarm.  I just wish the vibration alert on smartwatches in general are as strong as the Pebble.

The first few mornings I had the W1 on, the vibration alarm had gone on for 10 mins without me realising !
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:16 Mobile | Show all posts
I enjoy my Pebble Time Steel (although I've scratched the screen badly). I was disappointed to hear that the product is now defunct as to me its a great little smart watch albeit limited in terms of the "flashy" side of what the Apple can do.

I love that the battery lasts a week, I like the easily interchangeable straps, the fact its waterproof etc. Pleased to hear that it will keep going once the servers are closed, but suspect that there will be a community that keeps it going for a while as it was a popular device !
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部