Testing and trying on

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:19 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Where do you guys do the above?

I fancy an s3 frontier but don't fancy spending 300 quid without seeing it in the flesh first.

I have tried all the phone shops but they don't seem to have them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:20 Mobile | Show all posts
John Lewis sell them. Also, the official Samsung online shop has a 28-days returns policy, so you could try it and send it back.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:25:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply.

I might do the John Lewis way I think, but that means I have to go to the Trafford centre, good God!

If I do the samsung way do I pay for the return postage etc? Never done this before. And has anybody had problems getting their money back?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:21 Mobile | Show all posts
I had exactly the same problem. John Lewis was the only shop in the whole of Birmingham that had one on display. I had previously called them to check they had one in stock and was told yes they had one but it was a display model so I couldn't buy it but if I popped in tried it and liked it they would have one delivered next day at no charge. So I dully popped into the store to see what it was all about. Now I'm not a spotty yoof with no money, neither do I look like a drug addict out grafting (steeling). I'm a 45yr old who runs his own business, I was clean and tidy all be it wearing jeans, timberlands and my company T shirt, accompanied by the misses who was smartly dressed!
I had been playing with the watch for about 5 mins and could see a young assistant in his sharp suit on the apple stand watching me but making no attempt to help. A lady assistant was walking by so I asked her if I could try it on before buying as I have big wrists and watch straps are often a problem. " Yes of course you can, tech isn't my department so let me find someone to help". Perfect I thought......
She sends over the boy in his suit who looks me up and down and in his smarmiest sales patter says " Is there ANYTHING, sir needs help with..."
" yeah, the gear S3 Frontier. I love everything about it and after calling and explaining I'd need to try it on I was told to pop in because you had one on display I could try."
" Sorry SIR, it's display only,"
"Yeah I understand, I just need to see if it fits then order one."
"Sorry Sir, like I said it's display only, I can't (read won't!! ) take it off of the mount for you sir"
" Really ????"
"Yes, that's correct. Would you like me to order you one in?"
"Hang on mate.... (bloody pressure rising now and getting the look off the misses to not embarrass her!)You expect me to spend £300 on a watch that I don't even know if it will fit me!. No, if I can't try it on. Your not getting a sale out of me!"
"Sorry... nothing I can (WILL) do..."
"I'll be spending my money elsewhere then. Bye!"

By chance an Argos in Solihull had one in. Reserved it, explained no problem in buying it so long as it fits. Bit of a fuss because they said once its opened the security sticker is broken so can't be resold but as long as I paid for it, I could then try it on and then get a refund if no good without any problems.
Bizarre but if that's what it takes so be it.
Tried it, it fits, and it's awesome!! One happy customer and Argos gets the sale.

Complaint sent to John Lewis, no reply as yet.....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:25:22 Mobile | Show all posts
It reminds me of when I was looking to test drive a second hand Octavia they were selling for £18K, I phoned them to ask if the car was ready for a test drive since it was 160 miles away.  However the car had been moved into the showroom so no test drives but I could come and have a look at the car, they seemed genuinely puzzled that I would actually want to try the car first and apparently it was too much work to take it out of the showroom and it put it back again unless I was definitely going to buy it.

I was in a similar position wanting to try a Garmin watch and the local dealer were very helpful getting the watch out and letting me try it on so I bought it from them rather than online.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部