WTF?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:36:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I recieved my Moto Sport the other day. I like the look of it and it's comfortable to wear. I've only been out for a run with it once so too early to say how good it is. I'll update when I've tested it fully.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

The strap: If you are looking to buy this model then one thing you may have noted from reviews is the issue of the silicon strap being a dust magnet. I'm afraid it's true. I can't understand why they would have allowed this, the only explanation must be that it's related to the special sweat resistant coating they talk about in the marketing. It doesn't seem to bother me at all though which is surprising.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:36:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Kind of glad I didn't go with the Sport version, that's the one I was considering before Christmas.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:36:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd be interested in a full review please. Mostly around fitness features.
I.e. how accurate is the step counter? Can you get notifications for being inactive? Sleep tracking? And how good it is as a running watch.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:36:34 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not too good at reviews but here are some initial 'thoughts'

Step Counter

I don't have much faith in any wrist based step counter to be honest. This one seems fine to me... ie the step count goes up when I walk around more. I will do a comparison against my phone in my pocket for a day and then compare the two.

Inactivity Notifications

I have not recieved any. I do not think this is a feature of the watch itself and so you will have to install a third party app. You do get some motivational notifications from the built in Motobody app relating to your heart rate and step count goals, stuff like 'you're half way there, keep it up'.

Sleep Tracking

Not a feature of the watch itself (or any Android Wear Watch as I understand it). The problem being battery life. You're better off putting a Fitbit Flex on when you get into bed. You can download third party apps if you really want sleep tracking but this is not my thing I'm afraid so can't help any more.

Running Watch

Pleased with it so far. This is the main reason I chose the Moto 360 Sport. You have to use the Motobody Running app that is built into the watch. When you walk out the front door and press start it searches for GPS, I've only used it once so far (too cold at the moment!!) and the GPS lock occurred within about 10 seconds, so very fast. I need to do more runs before I can comment on GPS accuracy.

When running you have 3-4 screens to choose from, I like the one showing my heart rate bpm, this is my first experience running with HR and it's great. It reads your HR every second, I did not notice any erratic readings, when I ran harder it went up and when I slowed down it went down. It shows your HR zones in cool way. I'm looking forward to getting into HR training more.

I say that you have to use the Motobody app to track runs, this is not entirely true as you can also use Runkeeper directly as it was updated last year to make use of watches with GPS, however it does not seem to give you any indication of GPS lock before you press on start, so you have no indication it's tracking you properly. I will need to test it properly before passing judgment but so far it seems the 'proper' way is to use the Motobody app and then sync the data back to your phone.

Syncing data from Motobody to Strava works very well, literally straight away you get a notification on your phone. You can also sync with Fitbit, MapMyRun, Google Fit and UnderArmour. There is no sync support for Runkeeper which annoyed me at first becasue that is what I have always used on my phone, however I have transferred all my data to Strava which only took a minute to do. So far Strava seems as good if not better than Runkeeper.

The Screen

Pretty cool. It changes between backlight and reflective depending on how much light there is. During daily use I've had no problems reading the screen. To be honest during my first run in the dark although readable it perhaps could have been a tad brighter. Will need to do more runs before passing judgement. I've kept it set to 'automatic brightness' so far.

There is an issue with this watch screen that you may have read in some reviews and that is the edge of the glass is slightly bevelled which seems to cause some sort of distortion to the pixels, this results in white backgrounds looking a bit 'ragged' at the edges. It's not a major issue for me personally.

Battery

I need to test this more but basically at the end of a 7am-11pm day I'm left with 40-50% battery. This is without doing any running. GPS tracking is going to kill the battery, I'm predicting if I used it on an hour run I'd be down to 10%. This is just a guess and when I get off my butt I will do some more testing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:36:34 Mobile | Show all posts
My watch arrived yesterday, easy to set up and the Pac-Man watch face is installed.

I don't have a mobile, and as intended, the watch is paired to my Sony Xperia tablet and it works a treat. When I leave the house I'm not bothered about using the apps on the watch. I just need it as a time piece and I can update Moto Body when I got home.

Awesome bit of kit and it looks great when its on the charging doc too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:36:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey Mr Quint (my fav film of all time btw!),

I am about to buy a 42mm Moto 360 and have a couple of questions if I may (paired with a Galaxy S6).

What battery life have you got out of watch mate?
Is it comfy to wear? What strap have you got?
If you have, how do you upload music to it for offline play (I use Groove music at the mo)?
Do you have full visibility of Email's, Whats App and SMS messages on the watch or just the notification that needs to be opened?
I understand you cant make calls on the watch but you can dictate sms replies via voice, is this true and how accurate is it?

cheers bud.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:36:35 Mobile | Show all posts
I have the Sport   S6.

On average battery is at 40% at end of day. A 30 minute GPS tracked run uses 10%.

Is very comfy to wear.

I believe you can only use Google Play Music. I have done it once and it's not the most elegant process - I had to restart the watch to get it to start syncing.

WhatsApp and email you just get notifications. When you have a notification you can read a few of the previous messages in the conversation thread.

The voice stuff I don't use as I find it a pain.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:36:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Buddy.

Using the Pac-Man watch face, getting weather updates and using Moto Body, I'm using around 20% power each day. If I set the face to always on/ambient I use around 30% each day.

I have the black leather strap and its very very comfortable, its going to be interesting to see how long it lasts and I may get a spare one just incase.

I've not used email etc, and I quickly turned off the Facebook notifications.

It really is a great watch and can be tailored to your own needs. Pull the trigger, I was hesitant but glad I got it, it's only been off the wrist when charging.

By the way, Re Jaws, have you seen the stuff in my collection?

Good luck with the watch and keep us updated, please.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:36:36 Mobile | Show all posts
@Mr Quint

Have played any music natively from the watch at all?

Yours 42mm or 44mm? Does it look too big on your wrist?

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部