View: 368|Reply: 7

Nikon J5 lens error

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 06:38:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I’m on a day out with the family and have been using this camera with no problems at all until now.

However, I’ve just tried to use it again and when the camera’s off, the lens is open and sticking out fully extended & when I try to switch it on, I get the message,

“! Lens error. Try again after turning the camera off and on.”

I’ve tried this but I keep getting the error. Also had the battery out for a while and back in but that didn’t help either.

How can I fix this?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
I presume that you've tried removing and reattaching the lens after cleaning the contacts?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:38:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah, tried that too as read somewhere that sand may be in it as the last I remember using it was at the trampoline area which had sand around it.

I can’t remember whether I switched it off or not but it the lens is extended as though it was switched on.

It happened before in the past but I can’t remember how I fixed it.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:38:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Is the lens fully engaging when you attach it with the locator pin in the mount hole?

How about popping into a camera shop and trying the body with another lens?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:38:18 Mobile | Show all posts
If you can get into the menu, try a factory re-set?

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:38:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah it engages fully. When I switch the camera on, I can hear the mechanism trying to open/close it. We have a 10-30x zoom lens at home somewhere so will look for that & try it. I’ve since found this recall for the lens

https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/eu/BV_article?articleNo=000006465&sitecode=en_IE&ctry=IE&lang=en_GB

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:38:20 Mobile | Show all posts
I only get an error message, can’t get into menus or saved photos on memory card.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:38:20 Mobile | Show all posts
I presume that your lens has not had the fix applied so sounds like you will get it sorted

Jim

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部