[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:41:53 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Bought one of these this week:

Belkin Valet Charge Dock for Apple Watch   iPhone

The £100 price tag seems a bit steep but unlike a lot of third party stands it comes with lightning connector and magnetic induction chargers fitted.  I suspect both are Apple components. When you consider the cost of the two chargers and cables are included, it doesn't look quite so expensive. It's beautifully made.  The attractive features for me are:
One wall charger and one thin cable into the unitInternal concealed cablesA raise/lower mechanism for the lightning connector so that it fits 3rd party casesSubstantial rubber support for the iPhone (5 onwards)The charger seems to be faster than the original 0.1a (not specified)The disadvantage is that there's no way to use it to sync your iPhone, (but perfect for OTA updating of both)

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.  A search just takes you to the closed Apple Accessories thread...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:41:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Looks really smart. Only issue I have with stands is if your phone is in a case it usually doesn't charge. Will this stand work while phone is in a case?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:41:55 Mobile | Show all posts
This one looks amazing and simple.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:41:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Obviously you can't guarantee it'll fit every case ever made, but it fits all mine no problem.  The clever bit is that the lightning connector (which looks to be about the same size as the Apple one) can be raised by means of a small thumbwheel at the back of the unit, so I'd suggest that if you can use a bog-standard lightning connector with your iPhone in a case then this will work with it too.  The previous Belkin stand has a much wider lightning connector base and only worked with "open bottom" cases.   BTW the Apple shop in the Bullring got one out of the box for me to try first (the packaging isn't the sort that you need to destroy to get the thing out).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:41:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Fantastic idea, thank you for confirming.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部