View: 394|Reply: 9

Photo nightmare

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 06:42:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
How do I explain this.?     I have 500 photos, transferred from Picasa 3 to a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive for safe keeping.

When I attach the hard drive to my TV and set a slideshow to view the photos on the TV, I find all of the photos are replicated 4 times.   

This would not be that bad if I only had 5 pictures to view, but when you have 500,they then become 2000.   If I attach the hard drive to my laptop, all is OK.    At no time did I see an option, to exclude duplicates when I first move the 500 photos from my laptop to the hard drive.

Can anyone tell me if their is a work around to stop this happening when I show the photos on my TV.    Thanks for any advice.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:42:01 Mobile | Show all posts
need to see the layout and files on the disk.... or at least a sample of them....

what TV model ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:42:02 Mobile | Show all posts
LG 49" 4500 4k.  I have a friend who is coming round to take a look.  He says he knows what the problem is.    Thanks shotokan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:42:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Do let us know the Ans. - I wonder if it's the TV attempting upscaling to 4K?
I know if I play a Memory stick video, my TV puts some files on the card ( without asking, naturally). But other than that there is no obvious corruption.
Some EXT drives have their own software ( for User convenience!), so it's possible this could be interfering . . . but it should not do what you've assessed. Does the TV User-Guide suggest an external HDD is OK?

Cheers

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:42:02 Mobile | Show all posts
As regards the user guide allowing an external hard drive.  I will have to dig out the guide and go through it.  My last LG was 6 years old and it did not give any problems.  

It seems the only way to rid myself of the duplicate photos, is to delete each photo from its folder.   This has not effected my photo folders on the hard drive.  

I will come back to 12 harry with an eventual  final answer.  LOL.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts
It seems the only answer is to delete  duplicates as you come to them.  The LG allows me to do this.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Why not just use a file duplicate finder/delete tool?

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Never heard of such a thing.  If I had of I would have tried it.   Thanks for your input anyway.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Just an example - lots of alternatives available

Get Duplicate Photo Cleaner Lite - Microsoft Store en-GB

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:42:04 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks, problem solved.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register