View: 442|Reply: 2

Smartwatch with offline playback of streaming service

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 06:42:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
For some time now I have been searching for the perfect wearable for me, preferably a smartwatch tailored for fitness. However, I have not been able to find the product I am looking for. Therefore I am hoping that one of you guys either know of an existing product, OR know of a product in the making that I should wait for.

Here is what I want (in prioritized order):
- Offline playback of a music streaming service (preferably Spotify)
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless earbuds/headphones
- Good battery life
- Good fitness functionality (mostly for physical workouts at the gym, running and skiing)
- Built-in GPS

The only real options that I am already considering is the Sony Smartwatch (with Google Music) and Apple Watch (with Apple Music). However, I am certain of staying with the iPhone, so going with an Android device is not optimal. And regarding the Apple Watch am I most likely to wait for the next version, expecting it to have GPS and most likely better sensors and overall performance.

If only Spotify could get their head out of their asses and deliver offline support for wearable Spotify apps that have capacity to save a decent amount of songs.

Keep in mind that the dealbreaker for me is the offline support for music streaming. I mean, how hard can it be to produce such a product..!?

Thanks for contributing!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:42:04 Mobile | Show all posts
The current Apple Watch can store 2GB of music, and it works with Apple Music. If you are an iPhone owner it makes sense.

As you say, it doesn't have GPS, but it does a pretty good job of calculating your running distance even if you don't bring your iPhone along.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 06:42:05 Mobile | Show all posts
That is my number one pick at the moment, yes. And the release date of Apple Watch 2 might still be some time from now, so I might just go for that option unless something new pops up.

Thanks for the input

Nobody know of something just around the corner...?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部