View: 363|Reply: 2

New York 1911 speed of film corrected and sound sorted..... Really interesting to watch

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 06:45:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Found this on YouTube......I love this kind of thing.  Amazing footage and equally amazing to think this just before Titanic, the great war or any of the rest!!

Enjoy

Ice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:45:33 Mobile | Show all posts
It's quite unreal and almost hard to believe it's genuine footage because of that instead it looks like a very accurate film set.  It's just incredible technology has moved on to the degree that I could fly to New York and live stream a much higher quality version directly yet it would almost be worthless in comparison because so many others are doing the same.

There was a film I watched a few years go called Everlasting Moments in which a young struggling Swedish family in the early 1900's win a camera.  At that time cameras are incredibly rare and even individual photos are highly costly so a lot of care is needed in choosing a photo.  I love the digital world and what it offers but still thought the film gave a good look at a time when photography was so different:

Everlasting Moments (2008) - IMDb
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:45:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Presumably the computer invents the intermediate frames - that's good. But I disliked the Foley - somewhat contrived. The horse carts had one effect despite followinging over a wooden ramp. I guess available SFX libraries don't include non-existent recordings of horse drays (going about their daily business). I recall I tried to record a "tour guide" horse and cart, but the 20th C. city Ambient was too strong.   Perhaps I should have turned-up at their stables, before the City awakes - that would probably give me a  10dB advantage..... Cheers
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部