View: 346|Reply: 2

Panasonic GH5 users thread?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:51:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just wondering whether there are enough new owners of the GH5 on this forum to make a dedicated thread worthwhile?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:51:50 Mobile | Show all posts
ok, I'll get the ball rolling.

I've had a GH5 for about 4 or 5 months.
I've been doing personal and paid video work of the last couple of years, and consequently have a number of cameras...

I also have a Canon C100 MkII, a Canon C200, and a 5D Mark IV... so I'm firmly in camp Canon.
The C cameras are perfect for sit down interviews, and the I use the 5D for stills and occasional steady cam shots.

I purchased the GH5 primarily for the 180fps slowmotion, but also because I was curious... have I been blinded by Canon?  Has the GH5 got everything I need for a fraction of what I paid for the others?   

Well, sort of yes!  

I spent some time matching the colours of the GH5 to the C200 in-cam as best I could, and settled on the 'Natural' picture profile with the Sharpness, contrast and saturation all at -5.
The result is shockingly close to the C200 footage.

I've got to say, I think the GH5 is an unbelievably good deal for the money.  
Its only let down by the noise when shooting above 1600 ISO.  

- The IBIS is stunning... almost steadicam like without a steadicam.
- The colours (with everything dialled down to -5 in the natural profile) get 90% of the way to being Canon-like.
- The 180fps is extremely good, but you do see aliasing here.
- The 4K 60p footage is PIN sharp.
- The onboard video features are even better than on the Canon C cameras (you get almost every tool imaginable... peaking, waveform, zebras, and more...)
- Battery life is excellent
- Autofocus isn't as bad as everyone makes out... I wouldn't rely on it, but at least it has object tracking...which the C100 Mk2 does not ... well, unless its face!... and then only with 3 cheap zoom lenses.

Its a fabulous video camera that happens to take pictures too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:51:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hello! I'm a GH5 user and a beginner for photography.
Here is my problem and hoping that you can help me.
I'm using viltrox speed booster and 50mm 1.8f STD canon lens. While taking a picture in a manual mode the aperture gets automatically changing without controlling the SS dial. I immediately switch off the camera and switch on again. The aperture changing in automatic is stop but I cant change it when I'm dialing the SS. The f-stop number is changing but the actual in lens is not changing or nothing happened at all. But when I change to Movie Creative mode, the aperture is working well.   
Please help me. I also tried using the kit lens of GH5 but still SS not working.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部