Author: snerkler

Master of Photography Season 3 Starts Tomorrow

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:55:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep - great shot to win this week, IMO. I really like Flint's work in the first 3 episodes, but I think either of the 2 bottom ones could've gone.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:55:17 Mobile | Show all posts
So I've finally got around to watching the landscape episode. Fantastic opportunity unfortunately not taken advantage of by some of the contestants. I liked a lot of the girl's mirror pics, I liked the ones that had reflections of the actual landscape rather than just light bouncing off it, although did like her final entry.

I like the Scouse girl but she has but in a couple of very weak shots now so think she deserved to go. I didn't like the guy's blurred pic, seen much better of this type of shot tbh. I like Flint's weirdness but think his posing this week was off.

I'll hopefully get to watch last night's later today.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:55:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I'll keep quiet with my comments about this week, give @snerkler a chance to catch up without spoilers

All I'm saying is that I really like what Federica is doing...and I got Flint totally, I quite like his work.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:55:19 Mobile | Show all posts
IMO Flint has shown the best work in that group by quite some margin. His approach is quite unpredictable as he shies away from literal interpretations of the theme (Unlike the woman who was given "wrath" and just went around asking people to look angry - how lazy is that?! I align wrath with revenge more than anger which has plenty of scope for more imaginative entry).

Found his entry this week to be very good, but also see why other people might not. If I was on the panel, the second worst image was "pride", didn't see that at all. Hopefully Flint doesn't suffer from "one crap week and you're out"!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:55:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Good point - and initially he had, I thought, a great idea with the policeman stood in front of the tallest building, and then didn't use it!!!!!
He could fall into this trap, as is always the case with a "one-out-every-week" competition. But is does put a huge amount of thought and planning into his work.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:55:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I'm all caught up now. Is it me, or do the contestants seem to be struggling more with the themes this series?

I liked the 'winning' photo this week, the only one that brought some real intrigue imo. I thought Flint was lucky, I get what he was trying to achieve but for me it just didn't work. If you did not know the theme and were asked to say what that photo represented I'm pretty sure no-one would say gluttony. Plus for me it wasn't a strong image as stand alone image. I think his previous weeks saved him tbh as I thought Paulo's was better, although again I'm not sure that it portrayed greed. It does make me think it's not one strike and out, maybe two strikes like the Liverpudlian lass, although for me Flint has now had two strikes in the past two weeks. Living on borrowed time imo, which is a shame as he started off so well.

Do you think the contestants have been scripted to go against the guest photographer's advice this year, are they doing it to be controversial, or just plain stupid? Mind you, taking heed of the guest's advice doesn't always help a la the Liverpudlian last week. Mind you, none of her images were any good last week imo.

I think the Italian girl (is it Francesca?) has been the strongest to date.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:55:22 Mobile | Show all posts
It is Federica

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:55:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Totally agree, I though that “gay pride” with the tall building was a great photo.

Perhaps he thought it was too obvious.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:55:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Good point. Could be - he did have a very definite plan based on his research of using the building, then spotted the policeman. He'd made that image really quickly, so maybe he felt he was under pressure to fill the 4-hours. Me? I'd have canned the SD card and gone to the pub

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:55:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Totally agree, I thought it was a winner.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部