Author: =adrian=

Photography laptop

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 06:56:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Lol, it’s only banter I (unfortunately) also have to use windows at work so know what it’s like. Doesn’t mean I like it though. Bring back windows 7 I say.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:56:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Of course it's just a banter. I have absolutely nothing against Mac users. I am a little bit too old to be a fanboy really

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:56:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Blimey you weren’t wrong when you say the pc laptop is a workhorse. I mean a double bagger, that has been a very long time for me and never consciously planned

And on a serious note ...
A bag is a very personal thing. I looked at the ThinkTank ones a long time ago but could get over it how ugly functional they get. And not to mention heavy before anything was in it.

I ended up with a Kata super lightweight bag pack. Big enough to had my Nikon plus 70-200 mounted in it. And then still have my 24-70 and my 24-120 and my 50mm plus flash, filters etc and then get my MacBookPro 15” in it as well. My TLT tripod was attach to the outside though.

It was pretty awesome, super sturdy. Loved the yellow interior as you can actually find things like lens caps etc.

However it was rather heavy to lug around.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:56:34 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm still waiting for confirmation whether I will be doing any paid shoots or not. If not, I am considering only taking the laptop   wacom tablet (as I will be surely doing some of that work) and my dslr backup for some occasional snaps. I can't be bothered lugging around all of my camera equipment.

I like Think Tank, I already have 2 of their should bags - Retrospective 30 and Urban Disguise 35. Had both for years and still work like new. Very sturdy and good quality.

The reason why I need a new bag is that I bought 70-200 2.8 IS II recently. It is a very heavy lens. It is getting too heavy to be carrying everything on my shoulder. Especially around airports and transports. So I want to invest in a good bag on wheels. One that I can take with me to cabins. I have done some research and while there are other cheaper bags that I like too, most have some or other design problems. Like the Lowpro bag which looks like a perfect bag, but the laptop compartment is outside, not lockable, basically like a sleeve and also reading reviews it constantly tips over while loaded. I went back to the Think Tank Airport International as it seems to be doing everything I want.

The second bag was just to be meant to be storage bag for home. But now I'm thinking why not buying a bag that I can store my laptop and Wacom tablet   accessories together. So for example if I fancy doing some retouching at a cafe somewhere, I will be able to.

I forgot about Kata, I will be checking them too. Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The screen is quite pretty, but I'm having trouble installing DisplayCAL (decided to give this a go istead of default Spyder software), so have not tested if it is 100% Adobe yet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It's a keeper

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 06:56:35 Mobile | Show all posts
It's a pretty little device. It doesn't maybe have the high end look of Macs but it's ok. Metal body and the screen is very nice. Glossy, but seems to have some kind of anti-glare coating because it is far from being like a mirror. There seems to be one tine imperfection in the build, just above one of the ports, but nothing major.

First look

First start

Screen is pretty (pre-callibration)

To take off, or not to take off

And the most important one. I doubt I will get anything better for the price, so I'm going to keep it. This is what DisplayCAL showed after its 45 min calibration

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
OK, so yesterday it was all about updates and calibration. Soon after I calibrated I had to go to bed, so had really no time for testing. Today I've opened some of my photos and wow... this is crap. The colours are soooooooo oversaturated it looks cartoonish. What's worse, I started digging around in settings and it seems like the default GPU is Intel integrated graphics card What is the point having a dedicated GPU inside if it is not used

I have found a way to reduce colours... in the integrated graphics card settings but it is a guess work. It also seems like something is overriding the calibration profile, because it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I am so confused by this laptop. Never seen anything like that.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 06:56:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow 96% AdobeRGB is impressive, especially for a laptop display.

I've been looking around for an external monitor (my MacBook Air covers a paltry 65% sRGB!), and that's way ahead of a lot of the monitors in the (modest) budget range I've been looking in. The silver lining is, I could get pretty much any monitor made since 1994 and it will be better than my laptop

I'm off to google DisplayCAL....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Ufff... I've done it... I don't know how, I changed plenty of things and restated and somehow I have right colours now... Wow the screen is gorgeous now... soooo sharp

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部