View: 679|Reply: 4

Old vs new

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 07:02:25 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all. I do a lot of hiking and normally take landscape shots on my pixel 2 phone. The shots I take can be quite stunning, even for a smartphone. I never zoom with the pixel camera. I have recently had donated to me a Lumix fz45 bridge camera. I believe that is was released in 2010. My question is, am I likely to be able to take better quality shots with the Lumix than I currently take with the pixel 2? I know the Lumix has a zoom but have read that the zoom shot quality isn't great. Am I likely to be wasting my time with the Lumix due to its older spec? Any helpful response would be appreciated  Thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 07:02:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Difficult to say without comparing both side to side, but if you're not going to use the zoom then I'm not sure you'd see any difference. The Panasonic has a FRACTIONALLY bigger sensor but not enough to make any noticeable difference I wouldn't have thought. Obviously the advantage of the Panasonic is the zoom.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 07:02:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Try some shots and compare for yourself, afterall so long as you are happy with the results it matters little what others think. If the Panasonic has an option to shoot RAW then that might give you added flexibilty in PP than your phone.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 07:02:28 Mobile | Show all posts
The zoom will no doubt be better than the digital zoom of the phone, but will be poor in low light due to the small sensor.

Overall image quality at the wide end will likely not differ much to the phone, but the bridge camera will have a range of functions that could be useful if you're interested in learning about photography. However, if all you're doing is snapping landscapes when hiking then it probably isn't worth taking the weight of the camera when you'll no doubt have your phone anyway.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 07:02:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the responses. I'll take it out next weekend and see how it fares. Ideally I would like the option to zoom but obviously very much depends on the quality of the results. I guess I should start swotting up on the various settings as I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. Thanks again.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部