I'm in again.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 20:55:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Well we have a 10 as we stand then..... Will give it a couple more days then the easy bit of trying to get a time / date sorted for the draft.

Looks like we are sticking to nfl.com, and they do have some pretty good aps and draft client so should be good. I liked it last year having the extra flex position, but think it might be too much going much further than that - struggled filling the roster at times even just with the extra one place, so unless people feel especially strongly will just keep that the same as last time.

And unless their is any benefit of keeping last years one, will just open another one

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:55:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I can reopen it if you like, it's easy to do,

If not I think we need to PM you email address to invite to the league.

I quite like the idea of more live players and less bench players.

So we could run,

2 QB's
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 Def
2 RB/WR/TE
2 Bench

(Last year we had a bench of about 5/6 making it harder to track)

Just my 2p worth but happy to go with the flow.

We need to find a draft time as well.

I am free most nights on the PC. Usually out on a Tuesday

Use magic Report

Any night should be ok for me, but after 7:30pm would be better so the kids are in bed.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 20:55:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Think we need to get this going then.......

@Tom Tom, can you try to reinstate the league from last year as sound a like most of us were in that so less setting up of mails.

I know what you mean about using more players / less on the bench but it gets difficult to mange injuries and bye weeks without some bench. Last year we had an extra flex, so how about we keep that and have maybe one other flex but not 2QB.

For a 15 round draft we will then have 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex (inc te), 1k and 1def leaving 5 on the bench. That should give us more to play with but allow some flexibility. I actually even like having to choose who to bench......

In the interests of getting it going might also make another executive decision - can you change the playoff setting. Last time everyone went through which kind of made a lot of regular season unimportant. Can we have 6 of the 10 going through, with positions 3-6 playing the first round (with 1 and 2 having a bye), with the winners of that joining 1&2 in a semi final.

Can you let us know ASAP if you need any other details of people - there will be a few people that will need to give you email addresses. I can give you my  2

Obviously will need a date next week to do it. I think an 8pm one should be ok - could you all shout which evenings at that time you can do next week. It might be that 1or 2 have to use auto draft but hopefully we can get as many as possible together.

Cheers

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I have sent an email from the league.

If you want in PM me your NFL fantasy account email address.

(or at least the one you want used)

Yea will change play offs. Thought it would make it more inclusive, but was just ****

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
So the line ups are:
1 - QB
3 - RB
2 - WR
1 - TE
1 - K
1 - Def
2 - Flex (WR/TE/RB)
4 - bench

I just like the idea the marginals and rookies play more into the game.

Being as we have time PPR or Standard?

Also need to set up a draft time.

I can actually have it tonight if we have people ready!

If not then we have tomorrow night, then into next week (missing the bank holiday out)

I am actually free this tuesday and all evenings.

So let me know and I will get it set up.

I recently did an auction draft too which is amazingly fun.

You had $200 to buy the team, do you bid high and get top people and then nothing......or do you even out the team spend.

It was almost more exciting as you took part in more of the action.

Thoughts as NFL does both.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 20:55:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Any night other than Friday is good for me next week. As for type I'd prefer normal draft style than auction. That's only as I've never done one of those before and haven't ever really looked into auction values etc.

Just throwing this out there but if times for a draft are to hard to come it with than what I've done in some leagues is do an email draft. Someone does a spreadsheet on google docs so we can all access it and than you just go through the rounds as if you were doing on a website. Depending on speed can take anywhere from a couple of a days to a couple of weeks. But does take the pressure off having to all find a free evening.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Doodle: NFL Draft

Get filling!

Use magic Report

One thing I've just noticed, any chance we can change from 3 RBs to 2 and increase the WR to 3? Although personally I'm happy with 2 RB/WR/flex.

Purely thinking this because RBs are already in very short supply where WR are pretty plentiful and if people still want 3 RB they can use one of the flex positions.

In terms of bench players I actually quite like having a deep bench as it makes me focus a lot more on individual match ups for that week. If I've only got a couple on the bench than there's less decision making as there's less players to move in and out of a starting line up. For example I like to have back up for the each of the main positions, not including TE, room for a spare D or kicker depending on when the byes are approaching plus maybe at least another WR just in case!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部