Author: Cobb

Mayweather V Pacquiao

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 20:57:46 Mobile | Show all posts
The majority of peoples disappointment is aimed towards the wrong fighter imo.

How on earth can he think he won the fight. "He didn't do nothing, um, move outside" - well he threw more punches than you Manny, he landed more and completely nullified you. Floyd showed up, Manny and his plan B didn't - I think its apparent that he never had a plan B. Did he really think that Mayweather would just stand on the spot and take a beating. Boxing 101 - don't get hit.

Graceless in defeat, and now playing on some news of a shoulder injury. I also find it ironic that the "villain" in that fight was the guy who was showing all the class and respect.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:57:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Domestic violence, a narcissistic personality, placing love of money above all, not to mention dodgy tack ticks such as standing on opponents toes etc. This is not respectful not "class". This is why MW is a scum bag.

Pac man gives loads to charity, has come from nothing and is humble. Pretty much is the welfare state where he lives and is God fearing.

I can't see why anyone with a decent  moral compass would not grasp this. MW is a good fighter and he worked hard no question. It also remains he employed some dodgy approaches and danced like billy Elliot, always breaking momentum.

People want to be entertained not board to tears and with the weight and cost of this it could be argued it was an expectation. Instead MW broke the flow repeatedly and its was like watching catchy kissy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:57:48 Mobile | Show all posts
MW Humble?

LOL now come on...

There is a reason why most hate MW and its nothing to do with his record

Here is MW the humble boxer https://instagram.com/p/vXEyhrR3YT/?taken-by=floydmayweather

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:57:49 Mobile | Show all posts
My brother came round to watch and was so convinced that Pacman would win, he stuck £60 on a knock out of odds of 40-1 for the first 6 rounds then 33-1 as the fight went into the latter rounds. He wouldn't listen to me when I told him he would be throwing his money away and it came to pass.

The undercard was terrible and the main event was disappointing as well. I felt MW controlled the fight from the early rounds then once he ran up a lead, he just stayed out of range knowing that Manny had to take a risk to come inside and proceeded to land punches when Pacman came running in. 167-81 landed punches tells you all you need to know about the fight. Pacman was past his best at this point and he's mealy mouthed protestations about winning did him a disservice. I hope Manny goes on to lead his people back home as he has been a wonderful fighter and clearly cares. As for Floyd, he has to go down as one of the best exponents of the art of boxing there has ever been. There was a moment in the fighter when Manny threw a fast shot and he snapped his head back out of range, it was almost a supernatural level of reflex!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:57:49 Mobile | Show all posts
The excuses coming from Pac and his team are indeed doing him a disservice, but I'm pretty sure he's being told what to say.

Not only is he an all time great fighter, he's a great human being by all accounts, so I don't believe the nonsense about the shoulder injury is something he's come up with. It sounds like something Arum/Roach pre planned to get the rematch payday (should they lose). Also benefit of the doubt goes to him with the Kellerman interview. Hasn't reviewed the tape at that point, and his English isn't 100% perfect, so perhaps couldn't get his point across correctly re Floyd moving.

I personally found the fight entertaining, but then I didn't go into a fight between the two best P4P fighters expecting a slugfest. There seems to be a lot of sour grapes, but the anger is directed at the wrong person. Floyd beat Manny in 1st/2nd gear, and I don't blame him for not doing more to satisfy the fans who tune in the hope that he gets KO'd. He would have gone through the gears, had Manny given him any reason to.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 20:57:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Entertaining the fans is never the priority is it, winning the fight is. I was entertained, the man who has been hyped as Mayweathers greatest adversary was made to hit air for 12 rounds and frankly - he was made to look like one of Mayweathers easiest opponents.

There's a lot of sour grapes purely because of a dislike for the fighter, he hit, moved, dodged and grabbed when he got in a tricky situation. Mayweather didn't do anything that we didn't expect, it was Manny who should have brought something different to the fight.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:57:52 Mobile | Show all posts
No sour grapes mate

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 20:57:52 Mobile | Show all posts
To be fair if I had the chance of a $100m rematch I would be saying I thought I won the fight ... this was always going to happen and the only problem with that is

A) the fight was a bit of stinkfest
B) it was like a sparring session for Floyd Mayweather

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:57:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Sour? No sour. Frustrated. I hate
MW. I respect the boxing but as a person he is an arse