View: 385|Reply: 1

All Ireland Football Championship - watching all the action from abroad

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:04:01 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Well, it’s that time of the year again. We’re down to the last eight Counties, in the All Ireland GAA Football Championship. We've reached the business end of the season, the quarter finals. Bring it on!

GAA All Ireland Football Championship 2014

Sunday 3rd August 2014

Quarter Final A
Kerry v Galway in Croke Park @ 2pm
Live on RTE 2HD, RTE Player & GAAGo

Quarter Final B
Mayo v Cork in Croke Park @ 4pm
Live on RTE 2HD, RTE Player & GAAGo

Saturday 9th August 2014

Quarter Final C
Donegal v Armagh in Croke Park @ 4pm
Live on Sky Sports 3 & GAAGo

Quarter Final D
Dublin v Monaghan in Croke Park @ 6pm
Live on Sky Sports 3 & GAAGo

Sunday 24th August 2014

Semi Final A
Connacht * v Munster* (winners QF B v A) in Croke Park @ 3:30pm
Live on RTE 2HD, RTE Player, Sky Sports 3 & GAAGo

Sunday 31st August 2014

Semi Final B
Leinster * v Ulster * (winner QF D v C) in Croke Park @ 3:30pm

Sunday 21st September 2014

All Ireland Football Championship Final
Semi Final A Winner v Semi Final B Winner in Croke Park @3:30pm

With the launch of the GAAGo service this year, many of you who live outside of Ireland, will be enjoying full coverage of the GAA games for the first time ever. Sky Sports 3 in the UK, are also covering most of the remaining games, for the first time.

I live in Portugal and for a number of years, I’ve had to head to the local Irish bar for the big games. In recent years however, it’s become easier to watch the live games, in the comfort of your own home. That’s not to say, that visits to the Irish bar don’t still happen on occasion!

If you haven’t gone with the excellent GAAGo service, why not consider a cheaper option, which is much more reliable than the many free streams available online.

The service I use, allows me to watch the RTE coverage, AerTV (live Irish channels), SkyGo, BBC etc, without having to use a full VPN service.

OverPlay SmartDNS lets you watch all of the above services and more, wherever you are in the world. It bypasses the geo-blocking on most tv streaming sites.

I pay US$5 (€3.90) a month through PayPal for their SmartDNS service. It can be started/stopped every other month if needed. They offer good customer support and the site has helpful guides for setting up the service.

Once set up, you can use it on a pc, smartphone, iPad, smart tv etc. Alternatively you can set it up on your router, so that all devices using the router get the benefit. It doesn't affect your download speeds.

To watch on the big screen, I use a mini pc connected up to my HDTV. You can also use a linked laptop, or even some blu-ray players with good browser capabilities. Some Samsung smart tv’s and blu-ray players can even have the RTE Player App loaded. But that’s a story for another day. PM me if you need more info on it.

I use either the RTE live streams on the RTE Player, or AerTV.ie (now subscription based for HD channels - €6 per month) to watch most of the GAA. If you have SkyGo, it also works outside of Ireland, or the UK. Similarly it works with Netflix (you can even change to the US version), BBC iPlayer (when outside the UK), Hulu and BeIn Sports (for Premiership football) etc.

I hope the above helps someone, to enjoy the rest of the Championship drama as it unfolds.

Up Donegal!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:04:02 Mobile | Show all posts
It's hard to see anyone beating Dublin this year, and if Monaghan line up like they did against Donegal it'll be a hammering. Really looking forward to the Donegal v Armagh game. I've mixed loyalties as half my family are Armagh (other half Tyrone), but my adopted county is Donegal!!!

There's a thread running in the football section on the Championship. Look forward to seeing you in there.

GAA Championship | AVForums
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部