Author: la gran siete

6 nations kicks off again

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:27:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Another game wasted !! Should have put that game to bed long before Scotland woke up!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:27:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Well that's round three done and dusted. Just how did Ireland manage to lose that game, but well done to Scotland for sticking in there. Wales next but I can't see Wales making as many mistakes in attack as Ireland did.

England did not impress. They were helped to victory by the officials and some very dubious, nay, suicidal substitutions by the French. There are chinks in your armour England and I was disappointed by Farrell's performance.

Wales played well in awful conditions, always looked in full control. Not the greatest game of rugby, but somewhat better than the conditions really allowed. Had that been a dry day I think Wales would have scored at will.

Hopefully Wales and England will go to Cardiff to decide the championship. I thought at one point that the slam would go to England but Wales have some belief back and it's going to be very hard for England. Always a great game between the two countries at Cardiff and it's always a real pleasure to beat the English.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:27:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Kidney should resign after that farce. Absolutely appalling.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:27:47 Mobile | Show all posts
pretty shambolic really but credit to Scotland who showed a great deal of spirit and will be hard to beat.As for Ireland what can one say? Great provincial sides but when they put the  green shirt on they dont seem to play with the same conviction.Ronan O'Gara has surely played his last game for them

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:27:47 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:27:48 Mobile | Show all posts
England moving in the right direction but thought the pundits in the post-match chatter were way too positive. If Parra did not fluff his kick then France could have extended their lead at the crucial halfway-ish mark. Could have been enough to swing the balance. A southern hemisphere side will not be so generous.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:27:49 Mobile | Show all posts
i dont think anyone is under any illusion except the resuilty and the character shown were but a step in the right direction. I dont even have expectations of a Slam.Its the WC 2015 that counts and thats what England are building towards.By the time hopefully the deficiencies will have been ironed out and England will have several options in how they want to play depending  on the opposition and conditions

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:27:49 Mobile | Show all posts
They were definitely way to positive. Their rugby doesn't deserve the title of being a Grand Slam winner imo. I wouldn't object to it if we won it but it is boring.
I can't stand a team who basically win games with penalty kicks being top of the table. No tries in two games (that one v France should never have been allowed). I don't blame England for it though. I just prefer seeing tries and not kicks all day (I'm sure most people do). The defences are so good at International level and too many games hardly have any tries nowadays.

I fancy us to beat you in Cardiff (if we beat Scotland) but I also expect a very hard game in Scotland.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:27:50 Mobile | Show all posts
the only way round that is by turning more penalty kick infringements into free kicks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:27:51 Mobile | Show all posts
What's with all the negativity on this thread?

There were no tries in the England Ireland match because of the bad conditions and high pressure, we hadn't won in Ireland for a while. At least the England France match was entertaining. Don't buy into this kicking their way to the title nonsense though.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部