12Next
Back New
View: 552|Reply: 16

Best family holiday you have had?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 22:14:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a young family, 6 and 2, and me and the Mrs are looking to book up for next summer somewhere abroad. What are the best holidays you have had with the family? Looking for some inspiration here for a hol that has something for us all.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Centerparcs?

I've only been to UK ones, but the Europeans ones can't be much different. Loads to do for all ages.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:05 Mobile | Show all posts
As number 2 of four kids, we didn't go abroad much as kids - the biggest holiday we ever had as a 6 person family was a Eurocamping holiday; three weeks spread across Luxembourg, France and Germany. That was amazing, I utterly loved it. No idea if they even still do it.

But aside from that we just did places in England, and one place my heart lies from those days is North Yorkshire. Beautiful place, we went to various parts several times over the years of my childhood. My favourites were Thirsk, Whitby & Robin Hood's Bay and the moors. One of my favourite places in the world, certainly this country.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Quite pricey but our best holidays have been with Neilson. Brilliant childcare, decent food and lots to do.
Alternatively we’ve had some decent Eurocamp holidays in the south of France.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:06 Mobile | Show all posts
What sort of budget? What sort of interests? Do you want to stay in one place or drive around?

Our best holiday as a family was going to the USA in 2012.
We flew into San Francisco and stayed just off Union Square for 3 nights. We saw the main sights including Alcatraz.
We then hired a car and drove to Napa and spent the night there in a lovely Best Western Inn.  We visited some lovely wineries and perhaps spent a bit too much on wine
We then drive back to San Francisco and left the hire car.
The same evening we took the Amtrak train from Oakland to Portland, having booked overnight cabins (one for me, my wife and daughter) and one for my parents-in-law.  The train had showers and our food was included.
We arrived in Portland the following evening after traveling through the Cascade mountain range.
We stayed 2 nights in Portland and then took a train to Seattle.
We stayed in Seattle for 10 days (visiting my brother and his family) and spent two nights in a mountain lodge at the foot of Mount Rainier national park.
When we left Seattle we took the train (actually ended up being a coach service) to Vancouver and spent 3 nights in Vancouver taking in the sights there.
Then we flew home.

Second best was 2 weeks in Disney World staying on-site in two different hotels, with our daughter and son (aged 6 and 2).  We had a hire car and did loads in Disney and outside too.

Third best was a week in Skye in a rented cottage and fourth best was driving to the north coast of Scotland and taking a ferry to Orkney where we stayed for 4 nights.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I’d say Disney World but 2 is a bit too young to enjoy/remember everything imo

My kids were 7 and 11 on their first trip there

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:14:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Another vote for Disney World, Florida, but perhaps not worth the cost whilst you have a two year old and better to save that one until they're older.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:14:10 Mobile | Show all posts
It all depends on what you want to do, and how you like to holiday.

We’ve got equally good holidays staying the country, getting wet after nice cliff top walks, and warm with a cup of tea and hot chcocolate in a cottage.

Versus

A private villa with a private pool somewhere in the sun.

A lot of it also depends on how you are with your children. Both of ours really needed their sleep when two years old in the afternoon. Going to a theme park like Disney would have been a version of hell and getting crying children. But considering the age difference, having s private villa with pool means the youngest can be asleep safely whilst you still have fun with the six year old by the pool.

Ultimately the choice is yours.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:11 Mobile | Show all posts
St. Petersburg beach in Florida is a family favorite of ours!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:14:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I wouldn't worry about what your youngest remembers. The point of holidays like that is to enjoy them at the time, see yours kids faces at that age in total awe of what they're experiencing. Amongst 8 holidays, she went to Disneyland Paris at 3 & Disneyworld at 4.
At 6 she's grown out of certain things like Frozen & probably the wonder of characters strolling around, but it was amazing to see her enjoy those so much at the time.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部