View: 686|Reply: 25

Honeymoon in Paris. Where to go?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:18:58 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all. My wife and I have finally got round to booking our honeymoon. We go to Paris in the first week of July for 7 nights. We are staying in a hotel a few minutes walk from the Eiffel Tower. We have tickets to Disneyland booked and are looking forward to it.

What can you good people recommend to do while we are there? Any good restaurant recommendations? Thanks.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:18:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Have a look at the other Paris thread in here :  Help- a couple of days in Paris
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:19:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers, I’ll take a look.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:19:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Book the Eiffel Tower entry in advance, include a trip to the summit
Do a boat trip on the seine, decent ones start from the Eiffel tow
Also make certain you stroll down there, lots of nice little places and great atmosphere
Personally I like hanging about in Quartier Latin, lots of nice little restaurants as well in the evening

But ultimately do like the locals do, buy some wine, enjoy each others company, have a sit down on the banks of ILE de la cite in the evening when the sun goes down...

Besides that, it depends what you like...It's a great citi with lots of culture...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:19:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for those suggestions. How come you say to book the Eiffel Tower in advance, are there massive queues or something? I might book that in advance but when we are there, or do you think that will be too short notice?

Thanks for the suggestions on places to go. I think you’ve summed it up with the “do like the locals do” comment. That sounds ideal.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:19:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Depending on when you go the queues at the Eiffel Tower can be quite long. Last time we chances it and it wasn’t too bad but it was probably an extra 1.5hours in a queue. And then definitely get a ticket to the summit. It’s fun.

In July the temperature should be nice. And the atmosphere was fantastic in the evenings around the little island. Lots of couples, or friends meeting up. Doesn’t cost anything and better than many a cafe to see the sun go down.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:19:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah sounds like it will be worth buying the Eiffel Tower tickets in advance, nobody wants to spend half a day stood in a queue. Where do you purchase them from exactly?

That’s what we were hoping for: good weather, plus we are getting there before the schools break up so hopefully Disney won’t be AS busy as when they’re off. Sounds ideal, just having a walk round and soaking it all in. Have you been to the Louvre? Any good??

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:19:06 Mobile | Show all posts
A very long time ago. We had our children with us the last time, and they had no interest and were tired of walking, and there was a fair in the park next door which took their interest....Will go next time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:19:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha, yeah I can imagine that the fair would’ve held more intrigue to them than the Louvre. I’ll check it out I think. Are there any other tours or attractions you would recommend?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:19:08 Mobile | Show all posts
It was only the catacombes that we had any significant queue when we went to Paris in early June but I suspect we were lucky.

The tower tickets can be bought from Ticket prices and opening times - The official Eiffel Tower website and is probably sensible to avoid the risk of queues. Again you can get significant queues at the Louvre (we didn't) and Notre Dame (didnt go inside) so tickets in advance can be sensible.

The Lourve is listed in the top 10 muesums of the world by the National Geographic so no need to ask my opinion. Obviously if you find muesums boring then it'll be boring too. Even though the queues to get in were small some of the most famous exhibits, particularly the Mona Lisa, had near constant large crowds around them.

As to places to eat... depends on your tastes and budgets. I know I'll probably be barred from ever entering France again but I am not that big a fan of French cuisine and whilst overall I think the average standard is better than British I don't get excited by 95% of their fine cuisine. I've been to a few of the top resturants in Paris and personally I'd save the money and go to similar places in other countries instead.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部