12Next
Back New
View: 632|Reply: 12

Cornwall with Teens

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 22:27:42 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've only been to Cornwall twice for work...but we have an AirBNB booking this august in Newquay, but as we are driving we are not bound to that town....

Any good suggestions for active activities involving that can involve teens? You know the ones that are at the age of not interested in seeing wonderful history etc. So we are looking to balance it and put some fun stuff for them in as well that gets them buzzing...

Like a few weeks ago I did like a half a day hack with my eldest in the New Forest which was great, but what she wasn't expecting was the forest Segway tour afterwards...Although she loved horses, was moaning about the Segway, she was buzzing afterwards....

As I said I don't know Cornwall well, I will google myself, but if anyone had any great experiences of (unusual) activities that is welcomed...budget doesn't really matter....Although free is always good

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:27:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry mate cannot make a suggestion but do hope you guys have fun, happy family time is the greatest of things [emoji846][emoji854][emoji846]
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:27:44 Mobile | Show all posts
@Ned Senior no worries and thank you. I'm actually a bit surprised about the lack of suggestions but then again part of the fun has been investigating it ourselves so hope it will all work out. As you say we are all together so will make our own fun regardless.

I've booked; a hack for the whole family, and another for me and my daughter so we can do a little be more advanced. I'm also meeting up with a friend who've got a small hold farm with animals and their own ponies.

Also organised a Segway tour, unfortunately the youngest isn't allowed as minimum weight is 7st...My youngest is eleven and about 2st4 short....I didn't know when I had to laugh or cry when the last review was from someone and their 7 year old

Then we've got two private group surf lessons for us all...

Unfortunately a funeral to go to as well, that was not planned at all but amazing how the stars align and that at least we can represent our family and pay respect on such short notice in Penzance.

I'll probably get another go-kart session in somewhere as an activity, and if they like the surfing hire some for our own exploration.

And the rest of the time will be sight seeing and exploring....

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:27:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Make sure you visit the Headland Hotel overlooking fistral beach for lunch/drinkies, me and mrs dibble have spent quite  a few weekends away there, old school loveliness and a great view.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:27:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Cool Will do that...I'm booked in at the Quicksilver school on Fistral beach, will go there as well...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:27:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Plan for traffic delays haha
Best of joys to you all anyway

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:27:45 Mobile | Show all posts
We are still out there;

Traffic has been absolutely fine, despite us not having a VW Transporter as that seems to be the mode of transport out there and motorhomes

Horseriding was fantastic, great inland hack and great beach hack. Lands end definitely worth seeing but my gosh that visitors centre is just tacky what on earth were they thinking...Lovely villages but as suspected boring for teenagers. Segway was a huge hit as well. Great location at the earth station. The lost gardens of Heligan...hmm didn't like that at all. Could seriously do with some garden maintenance, the livestock has all fly bites around their head...Definitely a shame and waste of time in our opinion. We've got a bigger rope bridge in our local playground.

But Greevor Tin Mine, what a place - with teens should definitely be on anyones list. That surpassed all expectations...

Biggest hit was surfing...Oh yes I got all the moaning, it is cold, it is scary, it will damage my hair....But with some private lessons from the quicksilver surf school and some wetsuits it turned to the best thing ever. Yah

So much so that it is now hiring wetsuits and boards and more time on the beach. Forget about Tintagel or Eden project. Surfing it is

Newquay itself is nowhere near as bad as some told me it is. Yes it got the usual seaside drunks and druggies, homelessness is also an issue. But there are also a lot of beautiful sites to it, and the small independent restaurants are great. And to my pleasant surprise you don't need to book as the majority seems to go for the fish and chips and whether spoons etc...

So surfing until the end it is, but definitely worthwhile coming back

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:27:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Afternoon,

If you haven't been to Eden, do go. An absolutely amazing place IMHO and well worth the drive to as it's a fairway from Newquay.

While in Newquay if you want what is probably the best pizza in Cornwall, go here.

It's on the narrow road as you head out of town up towards the where you turn left to head to Fistral Beach and the big hotel on the headland.

Eat in, not expensive and the food is to die for. Lovely lovely people who own it to. We had a few meals there and they couldn't do enough for us.

Rob

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:27:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Thans for the tip. Unfortunately that restaurant doesnt seem to exist anymore

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:27:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow,

Stunned by that. It had been going 20 odd years and family run when I was there. What a shame :-(

Rob

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部