123Next
Back New
View: 679|Reply: 25

£79 for a week at a 5* hotel with a catch...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:32:38 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello.

The wife and I went to the Grand Designs show on Thursday never for one minute expecting to book a holiday!

One of the stands was by 'Radisson Blu' advertising a weeks holiday at one of their 5 star hotels for £99 for the week.

This obviously caught our eye and so we enquiried and it seems they have some deal with azure villas whereby you stay at one of the selected Radisson hotels for the week at a reduced rate on the agreement that you'll attend a 2 hour seminar (hard sell) to buy a villa from Azure Villas.

I've heard of time shares etc before but not seen this. I went through everything with a fine tooth comb before signing up and paying.

As we were the first five people of the day we've ended up paying £79pp for 7 days at the Radission Blu Spa Golden Sands in Malta. It's number one on trip advisor and looks to be around £130 per night on booking.com. You can use all the facilities and upgrade the room/board if you wanted and also includes transfers but not flights.

From reading the 3500 reviews on TripAdvisor it seems quite a common occurrence at this particular hotel with all positive comments - sit and listen to a hard sell for several hours say you're not interested and enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Even with flights it's going to cost under £350 for the wife and I to go away for the week in a 5* Radisson on the beach!

Still seems a little too good to be true but I've looked in to it as much as I can and all seems above board. Has anyone else been on one of these or know of anyone that has??

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:32:39 Mobile | Show all posts
2 hours or several hours as you mention both.....These guys will likely drag this on and on, it could be a full day. These approaches never sit well with me, as I detest being sold to by anyone (and I've been in sales for 20 years)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:32:40 Mobile | Show all posts
You're doomed

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:32:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I tell you......

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:32:42 Mobile | Show all posts
i meant Mark, sorry

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:32:43 Mobile | Show all posts
I know....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:32:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for making me feel more at ease.........NOT!!!  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:32:46 Mobile | Show all posts
You can say no.  They may well try very hard to stop you from doing so, but as long as you (and the partner - because they will attack both of you) are utterly resolute; firm; unswerving; can answer every counter they have with a "no"; then it's a small price to pay for a bargain trip.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:32:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Just tell them your registered as bankrupt. did a time share sales presentation while in the USA a few years back. Sat through the first two hours, said no was then moved into another room for more hard sell with better offer, again said no and was moved into a 3rd room for a final push. All for $150. looking back we must have been mad. They are all loverly and nice at the start, come the end they got nasty.  Not an awful experience but wasted many hours of our holiday. Guess if you going for a week very cheap one day out won't bother you to much.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:32:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Just go !  How could you lose ?

Attend the seminar, expect it to drag on longer, be well fed before you go in, take a bottle of water.

Troll them with dumb questions and simply don't sign up. All discounts mentioned will be contrived and just remember that. Simply say no.

What a bargain ! I'd like to do this myself. I fancy Malta a lot.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部